Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:09 AM   #491

please can you help me i have an epson r300 when i turn it on it does the motion of starting then just as the ink carraige goes towards its housing station it stops short & the red light comes on saying general error ,ive done a full head clean with solution & pads but just same please can you help thanks
jas57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:46 PM   #492

First thing to try is a complete disconnect — both power and data lines — and leave it for several hours.

If you've had the top cover off, make sure the ribbon connector isn't loose.

Check that the transparent ribbon behind the carriage is clean and in its right position.

If none of the above work, there's further information in other threads here.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:44 AM   #493

Default Red and Green solid?

Well I've read about 30 pages of this blog but not yet found anyone with my issue. It started with a "parts need attention" error after replacing an ink cart. I downloaded the reset program and followed instructions but now I've ended up with nothing working and the Ink red light and the Green power light solid green. I can't get the tool to do anything further and the original software doesnt seem to work either. I've also tried the reset (restart hold down two green buttons..).
Any suggestions? This comes at a very inopportune time..

I'm running an R200 with windows XP. Everything has worked very well till now...!
Andrewbsupafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:23 PM   #494

Sire Idle,

I am on a mac G4 using mac osx 10.4.11 - Is there away to reset the ink overflow - I saw on a different forum a method but I tried it and it does not seem to work.

( * Press and hold “Stop”, “Maintenance”, and “Power” buttons for about 10 seconds. A message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn the printer off. The R200 and others don’t have a screen so just wait until the 10 seconds is up.
* Turn the printer off, unplug the power cord. Wait about 1 minute and power the printer back up. The counter will be reset. That’s all there is to the reset procedure. )

I pressed all 3 buttons on the top of the R200 for 10 seconds - but when I did this the power button was not lit - I also tried it after turning the printer off.

thanks, Paul
phuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 10:24 PM   #495

oops - Sir Idle,
phuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 1:39 PM   #496

Default Epson R300 Print head; easy to remove?

I own a Epson R300 with a rabidly blocked black CISS cartridge. I purchased an 'Unblock It!' Print Head Cleaner which I have been syringing into the black print head, (via a supplied flexible tube) to no avail. A nozzel check shows lots of missing lines and a Print Head Alignment test shows... Well it hardly prints the individual squares! Having found this forum and read with great interest almost 50 pages, (Idle - what a STAR!) here's my question: Can I remove the print head easily? I'd like to soak it in this solution overnight (absolutely no idea what it is, mind. The label is less than helpful), and also inspect the nozzles. I can't go on syringing this stuff through, followed by more head cleaning cycles, it will all be poring out the bottom soon!
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:24 AM   #497

Default Epsom R300 Error Message & Waste ink tank fix.

Just want to say thanks to Idle for posting the above, it has saved me from buying a new printer. My Epsom R300 is nearly 10 years old, and I was on the verge of dumping it and getting a new one.
Then saw your fix on Steve's forum, and it is sorted. The only thing is the tube was quite clean.

regards Patricia Ann
Patricia Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:12 PM   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Ann View Post
Just want to say thanks to Idle for posting the above, it has saved me from buying a new printer. My Epsom R300 is nearly 10 years old, and I was on the verge of dumping it and getting a new one.
Then saw your fix on Steve's forum, and it is sorted. The only thing is the tube was quite clean.

regards Patricia Ann
Wow ! Patricia Ann 10 years old. From where did you purchase it ?
I was suffering from the same issue and there was a repetitive and multiple http request on the screen earlier to this blunder. I contacted greenhaven earlier and I came across this wonderful forum now when I am suffering from the issue again.
Still not able to fix up
Ashleygross is offline   Reply With Quote