Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 25, 2005, 4:20 AM   #61

aya9877 wrote:
Quote:
Idle,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post! Unfortunately I no longer get the unrecognized cartridge error, just the general error message. I am so frustrated, and I did start taking it apart yesterday, but I must be missing a screw somewhere *pun intended, this thing is driving me mad* because I can't quite get it apart.

As for the site ssc program site, when i kept trying yesterday I just got the page not found error. The site may have just been down. I'll try again today.

Thanks again for your reply,

Aya
Would you describe your carriage as acting like a lost puppy? Moving from left to right and acting as if it doesn't know where the ink waste station in stopping about 5cm shy of it? If so then your symptoms would sugest soiled reflectors, which might have been a result of ink being smeared in the wrong spot.

I know at some point someone here posted about the reflector location.. and I think they were hard to spot, not being silver or white but trivial pieces of plastic. It might help to clean behind the carriage provided you get an accurate picture of where they are and what they look like. A mirror would be required to see this unless you can remove the top.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 5:09 AM   #62

aya9877 :-

Quote:
As for the site ssc program site, when i kept trying yesterday I just got the page not found error. The site may have just been down. I'll try again today.
If you haven't been able to connect yet, try:

http://www.ssclg.com

It will be in Russian -- click on 'forums' and at the bottom of the page click on 'Epson'.

It's working as of two minutes before I posted this message.

Here's a post I found there that might help:

Quote:
u may follow these steps:

1. turn on u'r printer connect with u'r usb line ,then run SSC this The greast utility.
2. in ver. 4.0 u from main window u can see there are 3 options:
so,choose the middle one [Configuration],thers are 2 popup menu,the ipper one choose [R200],the below one choose [R200/R210].after choosing,back to [Ink Monitor]->[Refresh],if u seeing 6 colors on u'r monitor,it's mean they already connected.
2. quit this utility.it will appear the right corner below on the desktop.then right click u'r mouse choose [Reset counters]->[Reset all counters]->[ok],if success,then will appear [done]
3. right click mouse again,[Protection counter]->[Reset protection counter]->[ok]
4. turn off u'r printer,and turn on again.
5. good luck!
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:38 PM   #63

My Epson R200 invariably (misses) taking the CD in. Just before the tray moves you hear to "clunks" this is the pick up rollers hitting the front edge of the tray, this usually knocks the tray backwards about 10mm and the pick up rollers miss. When I hear the "clunks" I tap the tray back into position and the cd goes in normally.
troweman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 5:04 PM   #64

Hi, I've been looking through this thread after finding it on Google. I too have ran into the annoying service issue (aka: the full waste ink pad) and I have opened up the hatch on my R200 and for the life of me I can't see ANY tube at all when trying to shine the light in from loads of angles.

Also, I want to carefully take the R200 apart and go looking for the waste pads to clean and dry myself (save me buying a new R200). Does anyone know how to dismantle an R200 properly? I checked on Google but no luck

In relation to the pic I have attached below, where should I go hunting for this tube?

**EDIT**
I managed to find it hidden under the white pad. I've left the back off (as I have nothing to file a hole with) and put something underneath the tube to catch the ink in. I was amazed straight away when I seen how much is wasted simply when charging the INK! :O:O I'll make sure to leave my Epson R200 on all the time now, to ensure that I lose as little ink as possible. Thanks again for the advice, it's working at a time when I REALLY needed it to work again too.
Andrew Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 7:53 PM   #65

Troweman:

Are you properly aligning the tray when you insert it? My R310 is equally particular about the initial tray position and either ejects it or reports a paper jam if it isn't just right at startup.

Sometimes I have to insert it more than once before the printer decides it's happy.

It's also easy to damage the clear plastic strip across the leading edge of the tray, which will make the thing erratic (it can be repaired with plastic tape, BTW.)

Andrew Mills:

Dismantling an R200 to the point where you can remove the waste pads is a fairly major undertaking -- as you've now routed the waste outside the printer, if ink isn't actually flooding out of the base my suggestion would be to leave well enough alone.

Unlike other models where you can remove the plastic shell and leave the chassis intact, on these the plastic shell pretty much is the chassis -- by the time you get to the waste pads you've got a stack of parts plus an internal frame that's virtually unsupprted and distorts very easily.

If you twist it, the printer re-assembles out of line and doesn't print properly thereafter.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 8:25 AM   #66

i do have reset software if anyone intrested it might help some ppl out. save a few pennies:lol:
cooper1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 9:22 PM   #67

I have a quick quetion here and hopefully you won't mind me asking in this thread.

I'm getting ready to purchase refillable ink cart's for my r300.

Basically there are two types and I'm not sure as to what ones are the best.

poly sponge or chamber ??
freqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 9:52 PM   #68

Both work -- my preference is for the non-sponge, provided they're the labyrinth feed type.

The sponge type have essentially two chambers, one with the sponge (which is there to prevent surge and consequent foaming and bubbles in the ink feed), the other is just a tank and ink can (and does) surge violently in it.

I don't know if they're still about, but some refillables had only a single plain tank with no surge buffering at all -- watch out for these, they're trouble.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 1:21 PM   #69

The tube looks a little short, wondered have you thought of making it longer so that you could have the waste under the desk out of the way, let gravity do the rest.

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 7:58 PM   #70

Some folk have done that -- I saw one with a 2-litre bottle attached!