Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:47 PM   #71

God, Idle.

The SCC utility "cant communicate" with the printer because it has already reached the counter top and it asks for assistance.

Is there anyway anyone knows to put the printer in a "communication friendly" state, in order to actually reset the pad counter from the utility?

(im not ok with the tube part etc, i just cant reset the software part!)

Thanks anyone.
phander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:52 PM   #72

THat'd be "im ok with tube part"
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:47 PM   #73

Well, figured it out.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Just in case anyone ran into the same problem,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"-install utility

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"-right click, and 'protection counter/clear counter overflow'

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"-then turn off/turn on.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"(assuming you already ripped off the tube)

when you're hurried you're hurried man.

lmao.

Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:13 PM   #74

? :blah:
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 3:53 AM   #75

Gotta say this thread and all the related info on Epson printers, refillable carts, etc... has been a {deity} send.

Just to say thanks for the tips as I've just mod'd my R200 and will be following suit with all the future R??0 units I'm setting up for CIS adapted units. If nothing else it brings home just how much ink is being wasted by the 100% CIS reset chips..

Ouch! :O

Re: the R200 tube... I had to spend a fair amount of time looking for this and eventually found it so here's a few small tips.

1. Get a torch (no, not a flaming bit of wood, a flashlight :lol
2. Open up the little flap as noted before.
3. Look for the little block of white (or black if you've done lots of prints) pad that's about an inch long by half an inch across.
4. Lift this block at the left side and you should find the tube sitting undernearth it.

Note: You can also spot the tube running from the left front about an inch or so further into the printer but if you don't have a good light source (eg: torch) you won't spot it...

I'd provide a photo but didn't think to take pics as I did it so I'm sorry I couldn't provide those... That tube is there though, just not in the same position as R300/310/R320 owners say it is.

websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 6:52 AM   #76

Actually, I think the tube is in the same position on both models (printer mechanism is the same -- electronics are not) -- what differs is the position of the hatch.

The 300 series have it further across the printer because of the extra internals associated with the card reader and optional display, so instead of looking down and to the left you probably must look to the right of the R200 hatch.

The striped tube leading from the parking pad isn't the one that comes out the back -- it leads to the priming/cleaning pump.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:02 PM   #77

how did you reset the counter ont he printer. i just got a cis bottle but my printer already has a service message on it. 2 lights blinking. i need to reset my counter....need help. burwell29@yahoo.com
burwell29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:38 AM   #78

You need the SSC service utility -- the URL is somewhere in this thread (or Google for it.)
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:54 AM   #79

Epson 2200 modification.

Hi, the waste tank is a great idea. Can it be applied to the Epson 2200? If anyone has done this modification please advise. thanks jc
ledeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:05 PM   #80

It can be applied to almost any of the Epson consumer range, provided you can locate the end of the delivery tube.

It will be in much the same area, but it isn't always so easy to get to -- you may have to drill the case once you've located it, and also extend the tube.