Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 3, 2002, 8:53 PM   #1

Default Epson 1280 Printer cutting off right edge?

I have an Epson 1280 printer, using Windows XP.
Everytime I print a picture the right edge is cutoff. I have tried
adjusting everything that I can find that has to do with print size etc. I have even tried to under size the picture, but each time the Epson Print Preview screen pops up the right edge of the picture is cut off. It does this in borderless and non-borderless modes.
I am using Adobe Photoshop to edit the pictures, and when I view them in the Adobe Print Preview screen they are fine, but when I click the OK button and the Epson Preview screen pops up, bamn! The right edge is gone!. I have also tried to print straight from Windows with the same results.
Anyone else seen this? Or have any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Thank You,
Derek Real
Derek Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2002, 3:01 PM   #2

Wierd problem you have there. Tell me what size do you have your prints set at. Also what kind of camera are you using. I've heard of the canons getting a little bit of top and bottom cutoff on the pics because of the compression. But that was all supposed to be fixed on the latest software updates. MY experience with photochop is that you have to resize it exactly to the paper without constraining the proportions in order to get the size to match up right. You should also probably get the latest epson drivers from the website http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...Type=Downloads

This should get you the drivers you are looking for. Also if it keeps cutting it you might want to do some testing on plain paper at the lowest setting for quality and try a couple of things among them having the driver resize the print for the paper(does'nt usually work) Print maxium(sometimes works). If you continue to have problems let me know I'll see what I can do to help.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2002, 11:15 PM   #3

I am using an Olympus D40 camera. Most of my pictures have been take at 2272 X 1704 resolution. But I just did an experiment using a drawing I got off the net, and I get the same results. The picture has the left side cut off. What I have resorted to in the time being is adding a 1/4 inch of space to the left side of my pictures, and on a print that is 11 X 8.5 it comes out just right. It's just a little annoying.
I am pretty sure that it is a driver issue. I tried the newest drivers from the Epson site, and have tried emailing the techs there, but the only suggestion that they had, was to measure the paper to make sure that is was the proper width. So they obviously didn't understand my problem.
I am going to give Epson a call in the morning if I find time, and talk to a tech in person. Who knows they may be helpful??

Thanks for the time,
Derek Real
Derek Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2002, 1:09 AM   #4

very interesting. Tell me are you using the latest PIM plug ins with photoshop from the epson website. Also when you pull the driver you might want to delete all the printer drivers you currently have in your computer and also you might want to take a look at your margin settings I've seen margin settings off before causing ver similar problems.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote