Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:55 AM   #1

I just did a manual print head alignment adjustment on my pixma ip5000 and i would hope someone is able to enlighten me on some questions i have.

firstly, looking at the printed print head alignment sheets, i am supposed to choose the one which is smoothest and with the least banding, however some of them still has some perceivable micro bandings and/or stripes eventhough they r the smoothest (or the best in a sense) of the group.
Is this normal? I have done some print head cleaning and the printer is new, so all i am asking is whether within this printer's capabilities, this is normal?

2ndly, on the 2nd sheet of the alignment sheet, the one with the black groups of M and N, the question is same as the above, r we supposed to select the one with the least banding and is the smoothest (eventhough with a very slight, n i mean very slight banding) or should one of the squares be totally smooth?

Thanks in advance.
wernehawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:32 PM   #2

Choose the least banded (most solid) of the group.

To make your photo images as good as possible, do the manual print head allignment on the paper stock you are using to print your images with. Look at the results in daylight to choose best.
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote