Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:42 AM   #1

Default Epson 3000 printer questions

I currently use a Canon S900 printer but need something that will produce larger prints up to 16X20. I am considering the purchase of an Epson 3000 but have a few questions.

Is this printer compatible with Windows ME?

How is general print quality with the larger sizes? I will continue to use the S900 up to 8X10.

What are issues I should inspect on a used printer?

Are there newer or older versions that are more desirable?

What should come with a used printer that is necessary for it's use?

Any general comments would be appreciated and I thank you in advance for your help.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2002, 3:47 PM   #2

The epson 3000 is a wonderful printer for larged size prints. Just one thing I have to tell you. I would use this print for proofs but not for abolute photo prints. The quality on it is best suited probably for plain paper or matte. It has a rather large droplet size. But the inks on this printer last forever 3000 prints per color. IF you are looking for a large format high volume printer I would suggest an epson pro 7600. This will cost signifcantly more but you will get significant quality at a low cost per sheet printing price.

What to look for if you are considering this printer used. I would first look to see if it can print a printhead check sheet with no clogged printheads.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote