Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:40 AM   #1

When I take photos of people, I like to "fill the frame", and on the LCD screen, the photo looks great. However, when I print on both my Canon i860 and my Epson PictureMate, the top of the head is alway cut off. The printer is not printing the whole image. Is there a way to fix this, other than changing the way I actually compose the photo? Thanks!

Pam P.
Pamp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:42 PM   #2

The camera is most likely taking an image with a width:height ratio of 4:3. If you want to print that as a 6x4 (3:2 ratio), you have to crop some of the height. You don't always have to lose the heads, you can take their feet off instead :-).
If you have a preferred print size it's best to allow for aspect ratio changes when you frame the shot. Depending on the frame size you can have some flexibility with image size by filling in the space with a border or matte.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I will take all that into consideration now when I frame the shot! I have just had the digital since December (and I LOVE it), so I didn't know that stuff. I had always used an SLR. I like to print my photos right from the camera, without having to crop, etc, so I'll just allow a little more space when I frame shots.

Thanks again.

Pam P.
Pamp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 2:40 AM   #4
Baz

PamP, are you using the Canon 'EasyPhotoPrint' software with your Canon printer? It allows you to select the exact area of the image to print. If you'd like more details, send a reply to this thread.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote