Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 7, 2002, 1:11 PM   #1

Default Epson 2200 44" limit on width??

Where does the limit on the width come from? What happens if I define a page width that is larger than that?
Thanks...Al
Alexsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2002, 2:34 AM   #2

Well if you ever find a reason to print longer than 44" then I appluad you. BUt basically will happen is that the driver will not accept this. THe main reason is because of the amount of information that would have to be spooled to the printer beyond that length would be in the range of outrageous. ITs bad enough an 8x10 is 60 mb imagine what a 13x44 would come out to for data spoolin.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 8:51 AM   #3

If the 2200 has a similar print driver to the 1270, then with a source of roll paper, it should give you an option of "Banner Mode". This tells the printer to print pages with no gaps between them. If you combine this mode with a print program that can break a picture into multiple pages with no margins between pages, you can achive a print longer than 44 inches. I've had the most success with the Qimage Pro print program. I was able to print a 1045x21440 pixel composite panorama on paper more than 13 feet long. The picture spanned 4 logical pages, but there was no sign of the page boundries on the print. Even Qimage Pro is not perfect, the process requires a few tricks, and I have so far been unable to print a larger 2097x25664 image.
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:40 PM   #4

Wow I'm sitting here wondering how long that print took you. I'm thinking in the range of about 3 hours.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:45 PM   #5

Did you have to change printer cartridges during the print?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2002, 10:13 PM   #6

I don't recall timing the printing, but it took a long time! It only required about half a cartridge of color ink (the measurement I quoted included about 3/4 inch of white border in the image). I did recently run out of ink in the middle of an image and was suprised to discover that I could replace the cartridge in the middle of printing. I can't see where the change occured on the picture. As far as I know, Epson does not document this ability for the 1270.
kenww is offline   Reply With Quote