Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:19 AM   #1

I just bought a CIS system, promptly installed it and proceeded to do some test prints using photoshop. I decided to print squares of each individual colour K,C,M n Y. However , as the colour nozzles were partially blocked, the test print was awful but i noticed something which kind of surprised me.

I noticed that the C, M, Y colours are printing not using only the specific C,M,Y ink for each respective colour but with a mixture of the colour inks. Is this normal or is it a problem with photoshop (as in user error) as i have specifically chosen C,M,Y colours in the colour swatches. Now i have read in one post recently in this forum stating that black colour for most printers aren't printed using only black but with a misture of other colours too. I've had first hand experience with this in that i printed a test page with only black in it, but as the black nozzle was partially blocked, it was printing black and light cyan in alternate successions.

This prompts me to ask : Is C, M ,Y colours not printed using "pure" C,M,Y inks but a mixture of C,M,Y inks?
wernehawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:26 AM   #2

Hmm...now this is kinda embarrassing. on hindsight, i remebered that after fixing the CIS sytem that was leaking ink from the cyan and magenta carts, it was leaking again after doing some test prints. So this could have contributed to the impurity of the test prints.

I sincerely apologize for a totally useless post.
wernehawen is offline   Reply With Quote