Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 4, 2005, 9:18 PM   #11

Well, I did it,

I bought a a unit from Wholesale Ink on ebay, got the unit in about three days, everything looks fine. I wasn't getting any low ink messages when it arrived, so not wanting to waste any ink, I didn't install it right away, but after a session of printing about 15 photos, I got the low ink warnings on three different cartridges, time to do the install. His instructions were very clear and concise so the install went without a hitch. the first nozzle check after the install didn't put any ink on the paper at all, then I ran a single head cleaning and a nozzle check again, this time perfect!Next thing, Windows check print, again perfect, now the acid test, a series of photos, again perfect! Assuming I don't have any of the horror stories that I've read about in other forums, it looks like this might be one of the best investments since digital cameras. Also, the problems I've read about, seem to be quite isolated, and are probably no more common than a bad OEM cartridge.
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 11:54 PM   #12

Thats interesting,I could not find a CIF system from Wholesale inks,lots of interesting stuff,but no CIFs,Could you give us a link,I would like to compare with the JLW system. Thanks.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:57 AM   #13

Here is a link to his ebay store http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwholesaleQ5fink

I see he raised his buy it now price to $75.00, but compared to some of the other systems out there it's still a bargain, not much more than the cost of one set of cartridges.

Terry
Old May 5, 2005, 6:24 PM   #14

Thanks for the link,No it is not the same as the JLW system,but it is the same price,I guess it will be crossed fingers, then time will tell:roll:for both of us,keep us informed.

link to JLW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...38337&rd=1
Old May 5, 2005, 11:36 PM   #15

I just bid in still another system on Ebay -- from the US this time (Los Vegas), but I expect still Chinese made.

Check out http://inkjetsusa.com for his regular products or check his current auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ay_Pr2_PcY_BID

He doesn't offer a buy-it-now price -- he's fairly new to Ebay and I think he's testing the water for what the traffic will bear.

It cost me $US67 + $US36 to ship to Australia (only charges $14 to US.)

Won't have it until some time next week, but it looks good -- transparent cartridges with proper shut-off valves and anti-surge partitions like the OEM's, plus it comes with 125ml of each ink colour (might mean 100ml in each tank, plus contents of tubes and carts.)

Looks like it also has the tube shutoff device that I've seen on the 100ml tank model from Toppy-Jess (look it up on Ebay) and it might possibly be the same one, although the photo's different.)

Also says he uses the new chips that reset to 90% full, so the printer doesn't do a head clean each time one resets as the 100% ones did.

I looked at the Wholesale Ink one on Ebay -- looks similar to several others but according to his ad he only ships to USA, so no use to me.

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 11:42 PM   #16

I know how painful it would be if using those cheap Ebay items.

I had same terrible experience too.

I know system like JLW or some other cheap crap from China does create many problems. Those good looking or constant pressure ink bottle really doesnt do anything good, instead, they actually

I received two systems from JLW ebay, of which both were
broken, I managed to cobble together a workable kit, but it is constantly
plugging up, and needing to have the nozzles cleared. This makes me wastea lot
ofink. And even when I am not using it, I can watch my ink levels in
tanks go down! Geez...

I now am using InkRepublic's CIS which is highly recommended by many photographers in dpreview. I am very happy with their system. It is more worthy than any others.

I am willing to provide my review to them too:

http://www.inkrepublic.com/reviews.asp
brendonblomquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 4:50 PM   #17

brendonblomquist wrote:
Quote:
I know system like JLW or some other cheap crap from China does create many problems. Those good looking or constant pressure ink bottle really doesnt do anything good, instead, they actually
Am interested in what they actually do,you forgot to finish the paragraph:?
Old May 24, 2005, 9:16 PM   #18

Well, mine has been working perfectly so far, it is not the jlw system though, while the tanks look the same, the cartridges appear quite different. The nice thing with the one I got is comes with the waste ink collection bottle, then as an extra bonus I got an email about a week ago that had an updated version of sscserv.exe included. When I firsrt received mine, there was a small amount of ink that had leaked out of the supply tanks, I attributed this to pressure changes as it rode the airplane, I just rinsed off the tanks, dried them and have had no further ink leaks. Since its install, the printer has performed perfectly.

I looked at the Inkrepublic units and honestly can't justify the price they charge, $200 and no ink, or $276 with the ink?? I think they are pricing as if they were still the only supplier.

Well, just my opinion though

Terry
Old May 24, 2005, 10:25 PM   #19

tleonhar wrote:
Quote:

I looked at the Inkrepublic units and honestly can't justify the price they charge, $200 and no ink, or $276 with the ink?? I think they are pricing as if they were still the only supplier.

Well, just my opinion though

Terry
As I can only speak of my personal experiences with a JLW system I must agree fully with what you say,I have been using my system for over 6 months and have just refilled the containers ,thats a fair test I think,no problems at all,even when returning from a 2 week vacation.
I am sure the Inkrepublic system is satisfactory,but the cost did put me off when I initially purchased,as did the many spam posts advertising IR and putting down the Chineese made systems.
however I do reserve judgement on the Chineeseinks,how much do they fade? will susequent refills be exactly the same colours? etc--etc, I guess time will tell.
I think that IR are on the right track offering an empty system,so the user can use inks of his (or her) choice.
I hope that "Idle" will join us with an update,he always has unbiassed information ,look forward to his latest findings
Old May 25, 2005, 2:19 PM   #20

I'd take brendonblomquistposts with a large pinch of salt - they've only made two posts here so far, both being obvious spam for inkrepublic.

There's lots of similar posts for inkrepublic on this board (members who only make a couple of posts then disappear) - they are just spam from inkrepublic.

That in itself makes me avoid them.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote