Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:55 AM   #31

tmcnevin wrote:
Quote:
I have just purchased a R300 and go the CIS from Matrix Ink. The cost for the refurbished printer was $90 from Epson. Cost of the CIS from Matrix Ink was $100. Took all of 7 minutes to set it up. Working perfectly and print quality good as originals. CIS came with ink in the bottles.
I had a look on google to find their website but I can't tell how the matrix system is actually installed in the printer... Do you have any images of an installed system that show the tubing pathways (ie: how the tubing is directed, clipped, etc..).

Cheers..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:45 PM   #32

I have been using the Matrix Ink CIS system in my R300 for some time now. Have refilled the bottles twice and it still is top notch without any problem. The MatrixInk system was $100 and I got the R300 from Epson as a refurbish for $99. The 4oz 120mm refills are $47 total for all six colors. Be sure and do the waste ink mod when you do this. I have emptied the waste ink container three times now. I do lots of flyers for the kids business. Currently have printed over 1000 flyers. This was the cheapest one I could find and got to see it work at our local Cartridge World refill store.

I do not work for them or get any kind of consideration, gratuity, etc. Just a happy customer.
tmcnevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 11:11 PM   #33

Idle wrote:
Quote:
It's a bit soon for anyone to have real experience with the JLW v6 set, but I've had a good look at the very detailed set of pictures he has on Ebay (downloaded and enlarged them, even...)

He's using the same tanks, which I always liked, and the major change is to a completely re-designed cartridge.

It looks very good, has a proper shutoff valve on the outlet port, reduced weight through holding less ink (you don't need all that much in the cart with continuous flow) and the cartridge height has been reduced by about 6mm to allow the grey cover to remain in place.

I'm not so sure about his replacing the original tubing with a much thinner one (probably to allow the tubes to go through the very tiny gap between the top cover and the lid hinge -- it would jam on and possibly break the standard tubes.)

It was easy enough to clog the old tubes -- the thin ones (1.8mm, if I recall correctly) will be easier again.

If I'd not already bought a replacement system (not yet fitted -- have been snowed under lately) I'd be looking seriously at this one.

Possibly because it very broadly matches an idea I've been turning over in my mind for some while and have actually sketched a few times (old envelopes are useful things...)

His pricing suggests that possibly he's done it right this time and used decent quality bits -- I certainly hope so.

To change the subject a bit -- I noticed in a recent post someone querying the advantage of the 'constant pressure' bottles most systems now use.

They're a variation on the "Mariotte" bottle used to regulate pressure in lots of other constant flow applications and pretty much eliminate the difference in outlet pressure from the bottle as the level drops, so allowing the more-or-less constant vacuum produced by the print heads to deliver exactly the same flow.

The pressure at the outlet (head) will be that between the air intake and the outlet, not that between the top of the ink level and the outlet -- in the CIS ink bottles this is usually almost nil, as the air is taken in through a port at the bottom of the bottle (that's why you'll see bubbles rising when the printer is operating.)

In the systems (if any still exist) that use a suction tube in the bottle and just an air vent in the top, the drag required to fill the cart will be lower when the bottle is full and will increase as the level drops, which could lead to the carts becoming pressurised and cause leaks.

If anyone's interested in a demonstration of the Mariotte bottle effect, just get a glass (preferably one with the top larger than the bottom), immerse it in water so that it's totally full, then slowly lift it out upside down.

You'll find the glass stays full so long as the open top is submerged -- the weight of the contents will be borne by the glass so long as it remains airtight, and you'll feel the weight increasing as you lift it from the water.

Lesson ends... :G

IDLE, I have a question, in another thread you said something about taking off the cover (smoke cover) from the R200. How do you do this...by prying on the ends? I don't want to break the cover, just want to take it off to run the tubing under it like the jlw system instructions indicates. Thanks for your help!
G
gokumura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:37 AM   #34

I have been using a continuous ink system purchased from eBay for over a year with absolutely no problems for my Epson R1800 and R2400. I have also been searching for the best one on the net but they are look the same but with different names.

It looked quite simple when I got with tubes attached to empty cartridges and tanks.How different would it be from one manufacturer to the next and is it worth paying $200 for one (often empty) when I can get it for under $80 on eBay already with ink? If you properly install it and take care of your printer well such as turning it off when not in use, the system will save you hundreds and even thousands of dollars a year.

All printer manufacturers make most of their money off of selling you their expensive cartridges so it is in their best interest and the interest of websites selling the manfucturer's printing supplies to bad mouth products that will block their profits. Beware of bias forums set up by such websites. There are many of them all over the internet.

The best thing to do is to look for actual buyers of these systems on eBay and read their comments. I have also seen posts on forums from what looks like the ink system manufacturer's themselves self praising their own products and pretending to be actual customers.

eBay members are real and ordinary people who have no bias. Printers are so cheap now but the cartridges have remain very expensive for obvious reasons (making money and breaking the backs of hard working individuals). My system came with a 60 day money back return policy but I had it for over a year and have seen no problems. The bulk ink is very cheap at only $25 to fill all 8 of my colors with 100 ml each or 8x100 ml of ink. 800 ml of ink is about 80 cartridges that I would have had to purchase from Epson if I did not have this system. Each Epson cartridge is around $14 so you do the math ($14 X 80) and find out how much I saved for $25. When purchasing a system just make sure you buy it from a seller with a reputable feedback.

Chris

Menomonee Falls, WI

Chris1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:18 PM   #35

Can I ask what the point was to copy/paste the exact same response on two threads?

My response to your comments stand..
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 10:53 AM   #36

You want to find the best ink system? Check out http://www.efillink.com

I use the R1800 system with their bulk ink, it works great.

The ink is excellent. I use their pigment ink with the system. I believe this is the best system you can find anywhere.

The photos comes out great, I am printing photos all day long and it seems like I can never run out. I am printing on glossy most of the time. All of them on A4 paper.

CK.SanFrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 10:29 AM   #37

The ink system I am using is excellent.

I got it at efillink.com for $99 on special with my pigment ink order. The system is the best on the market. It comes with spare cartridges, a bottle of cleaning fluid everything I need for the installation and online video to let me see the installation.

I have the Epson R1800 using a photo pigment with the Ink System Pro.

I don't have external ink bottles that might fell and spill.

Auto reset chip, no sponge cartridge, air flow cut off to restrict ink flow when the printer is not in use, auto low ink alert flashes lights to let me know when to refill.

I print photos all day without worrying how soon I need to buy cartridges. The 4 oz set will last me a long while.

CK.SanFrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote