Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:09 PM   #1

I was having no problem doing this when I first got the printer using Canon's Photo Glossy Pro that came with printer, but now it's been awhile since I've printed any photos and I must have forgotten how to do it. I ordered some more Canon 4x6 Photo Glossy Pro so that's what I'm working with. When I want to print a photo this is what I do:
1.Print
2.Properties
3.Media Type: Photo Paper Pro
4.Paper Source: Cassette
5.Print Quality: High
6.Color Adjust: manual - Set
7.Enable ICM
8.Ok
9.Page Setup: (Size) 4x6
10.Printing Type: Borderless (A screen pops up about borderless printing, so I Ok it)
11. Okay (To print)

These steps give me a great print but to the fact that it's not printing clear to the edge of the 4x6 paper horizonally. It's leaving about 1/4" on one side and 3/8" on the other, so what have I forgot to do? I have prints made when I first got the printer using exactly the same 4x6 paper that print to the borders so I must be forgetting something. thanks!
mccoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:14 PM   #2

What is your amount of extension set at?....Should be 3rd from left (default)

You are sure you are printing on Canon Photo Paper Pro Paper? What you describe in your prints, sound like whatsome haveexperiencedwith Kodak 4X 6, which is actually larger than 4 X 6.
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 4:43 PM   #3

Yes the extension is 3rd from the left and it is for sure Canon 4x6 Photo Paper Pro. The only thing I guess could be messing me up is the 4x6 sheets I got from Canon were perforated and were too long to fit in the Cassette loader so I peeled off the extra so that just left me with a 4x6 sheet. This is how the demo 4x6 sheets that came with the printer and they worked fine in the cassette drawer so why shouldn't what I did work?

Thinking back I didn't have this problem until I bought the 4x6 Canon perforated sheets. The instructions with new sheets say to load the sheets in top loader but that doesn't seem to work either. What do I need to do with the perforated sheets (I have some more I haven't taken the edges off yet) to get to print right using the cassette loader?
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:46 PM   #4

Have you pre-cropped the images to 4 X 6 inches? If you didn't you would have space on the wide edges and it sounds from your post they are on the narrow edges. You can't print images at 4 X 6 directly from most non-DSLR cameras without cropping.

Have you tried to print from the Easy Photo Print utility that came with the printer? It gives you a preview of what the print will look like on the paper.

Have you actually measured the stock you are using after removing the perforations?

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:41 PM   #5

Thanks slipe, I wasn't using any program to print with I would have sworn when I was printing before I merely changed settings in printer properties and I was able to print directly onto 4x6 sheets. Anyway after using Easy Photo Print all is well! I didn't know whether to check "Vivid" or not though, but I did and I thought the photos came out fine.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:26 PM   #6

"Vivid" is a little too vivid for me. I printed a satellite photo of my house and vivid worked well, but for most photos I find it much too saturated.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote