Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:32 PM   #1

My photo magenta cartridge has become cross-contaminated many times by one of the cyan inks. It turns the ink purple. I had complained to Canon about this and they did send me a new print N/C after I made a big stink. That seemed to work for 2 months but now it's back to doing the same thing.
I do use the generic refill system that is offered by numerous web outlets. Is it possible that this is the problem? Or maybe I have a cleaning reservoir that needs to be tended to? Of course, then the new print head wouldn't have made any difference.
I am stumped. And all Canon wants me to do is take it to a service center. There's no way I should have to do that with an 18-month-old printer. I could use some help. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
roxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:34 AM   #2

Your cartridges are leaking, causing ink to drip into the print head. You must ensure the cartridge is sealed properly, the way to tell is to refill the cartridge and watch to see if ink drips out the large exit port. If it does the cartridge has a air leak. You might want to check this forum for ideas on how to seal the fill hole on the cartridge.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
terryt is offline   Reply With Quote