Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:09 PM   #1

Default Canon S900 Ink Level Indicator

When I got my S900 back from warranty repair (good service by the way) all my ink tanks levels showed about 1/3rd full. In fact on a visual check they were from almost empty to almost full. I was mainly concerned that I would not get a low ink warning.
I probably should have been able to figure out how to enable the Ink Level Indicator myself but just in case someone else has been cofused by the same problem Canons instructions to me were:

"You can find the ink warning settings in the Printer Properties. It is located in the Maintenance Tab. Once there you will click on Start the Status Monitor. Go to Options and make sure Display Low Ink Warning is checked. If it is then uncheck it and then check it again to force an update from the printer".

I think that perhaps the ink levels showed all 1/3rd full, which was the level of my lowest level tank before I sent it to Canon, because I had taken the print head out while looking for a paper jam and that the printer then reverted to showing all levels to the lowest level of the six tanks. This is not from Canon, but my own assumption. Also I should add that this solved the problem. The low ink level came on and when I finnaly put a new tank in, it showed full. However, the other ink levels remained at 1/3rd full. Obviously each level will be correctly indicated as I replace them.
Maybe I am not correct on my assumption???
Paul
paulr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links