Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 1, 2005, 12:17 AM   #1

I'm new here. Found it looking for help (and sanity) for my new Epson R200. I bought this thing (yesterday)to print CD's.I also have a digital Rebel (canon) a digital 16 track studio (music), you would think I could make a printer work. After reading the manual for trouble-shooting help I tried the web-site. Exact same thing as the manual, Hold the tray flat, align the arrows EXACTLY, etc.... Then I tried the phone help line. The SAME THING only slower. Please help if you can. I've tried inserting the tray 30-40 times and every time it goes in, head moves back and forth, then ejects the tray and gives me a message "CD/DVD tray not set correctly".At this point I'm taking this thing back first thing Monday morning.

Thanks,

e-trout54
e-trout54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2005, 4:47 AM   #2

Remember that the Cd tray goes a long way out the back of the printer,took me a day to figure out the tray was hitting the wall at theback.this will cause the effect you mentioned.
when it misbehaved again I found the tray was touching the power cable at the rear.

Have also found that it will misbehave if the Cd door is opened before the printer is turned on,Turn the printer on before opening the CD door.

Make sure the clear plastic strips at the leading edge of the CD tray are dead straight,not buckled in any way.

Have printed many CDs and am very pleased with the results,stick with it.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 7:10 AM   #3
djr

When you are setting it up have you made sure the paper options are set correctly. I had this problem once and after a lot of messing around realised that when I had changed some of the quality settings the "paper source" had set itsself to sheet. This must be set to manual or it does exactly as you say
djr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 8:19 PM   #4

Thank you- thank you- thank you- I did exactly what you said. Checked the back of the printer (didn't know the tray went that far out the back.) moved the printer out and it has worked perfectly ever since. Not one bad print. Wow! FYI- my pleas to epson resulted in an e-mail that told me I had a hardware problem and told me how to get an RA or service center information. I gave them the same info I posted here. Boy it seems like they would save a lot of grief and money if they just linked with a site that had people with REAL experience with the product. Many thanks again.

Trout

e-trout54 is offline   Reply With Quote