Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 5, 2005, 1:06 AM   #1

Hey All.. new in here.. but give me a chance anyway hehe :?

I was just wondering if anyone knows another apps for printing cd's on the canon i965 besides the cd laber program that where with the printer..

Se my problem is that i got some fullface dvd and the cd label program cant print all the way in..

i dont know if its the printer that cant do a fullface dvd or its the program..

So if anyone knows anything about this problem plz let me know..

Thx..

NiTrO
nitrotg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 8:51 AM   #2

I have the same problem with my canon ip3000... here is my post from another forum along with an example.

"Hey guys im a bit of a newbie when it comes to this sort of thing and i have just got the english version of the ip3000. It is a quality all rounder and even the quality of print on a cdr / dvdr is faultless. I have only had it a few weeks and i would recomend it to anybody!

However, when printing cdr's or dvd-r'swith the supplied software it will only print from the outside edge of the cd to the 45mm diameter ring in the middle. Whereas I have dvd-r's that are 'whole surface printable' and the images i want to print usually cover the whole surface aswell... currently i have a 45mm dia white circle in the middle of all my dvds and the middle of the image missing which often wipes out some of the title. (sorry for photo quality, i took it on my phone)

I think the problem you have with your printers rejecting the make-shift trays it that along the edges of the canon tray there are various steps and lumps that let the printer know where the tray is.

Out of interest, why do so many of younot have the original tray for cd printing?

Thanks in advance, Alex"

Attached Images

_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:50 AM   #3

Anyone know where an American can buy the i965/i865 cd tray?
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:07 PM   #4

alkemyst wrote:
Quote:
Anyone know where an American can buy the i965/i865 cd tray?
I'm a tad confused on the issue of the i965/865. Was this printer sold in the states? I know "of" the i965 back know really very little about it other than it looks rather i960 like so I couldn't put my latté ontop of it.

Anyhow... assuming you take tray type B, which while i have seen images on the net on the printer printing on a cd, I wasn't able to see the big bold friendly be to be sure, assuming that there is always parts now, ebay, and that large thread everyone reads regarding the pixmas and CD printing. Also you can always talk to "Canon" assuming your printer has a serial number that would reflect the fact it was made elsewhere in a region that paid the license for CD printing canon might be able to provide you with one.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:22 PM   #5

Well the only real difference of the ix60 and ix65 series is one had the tray and the other not. At the time Canon was worried of more than likely MPAA issues of offering the tray in the states. Fortunately they seem to have now made it a non issue.

However, Canon will not sell me the tray, they say it is not available.

If anyone knows a shop that will ship overseas that will work for me, or a us vendor that has access to these.

I love my i960 and use it daily (well my wife does photos/color shots daily, me about 1-2x a week mostly documents)

I have gone through 3 full tank reloads and photo magenta and cyan are warning me again .

Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:55 PM   #6

alkemyst wrote:
Quote:
Well the only real difference of the ix60 and ix65 series is one had the tray and the other not. At the time Canon was worried of more than likely MPAA issues of offering the tray in the states. Fortunately they seem to have now made it a non issue.

However, Canon will not sell me the tray, they say it is not available.

If anyone knows a shop that will ship overseas that will work for me, or a us vendor that has access to these.

I love my i960 and use it daily (well my wife does photos/color shots daily, me about 1-2x a week mostly documents)

I have gone through 3 full tank reloads and photo magenta and cyan are warning me again .

I was also under the impression that the i965 was diffrent from the i960 as IIRC the i965 has a head size about the same as the ip6000d where the i960 has the huge head size. I could be mistaken as i've not met the i965 personaly. AFAIA it's a license issue rather than MPAA.

http://www.partsnow.com carries the pixma trays now but there is a waiting list, though some users have reported getting their pixma trays already. Web ordering is out of the question... regular phone ordering is required.

if not partsnow hit ebay.. just look for canon cd tray, or pixma cd tray.

I know you don't have a pixma... and I have no clue if the i965 takes the "tray type b" like the pixmas. The look similar in the vids but I don't know for a fact the part numbers are the same. Not that I didn't look, tried to get the UK manual, I didn't see it on the canon site, tried HK but they don't have a manual for the i965 only the i990 which doesn't list the cd printing.

QL2-0605-000 CDR TRAY ASS'Y W/ CDR PRINTING
QA4-1117-000 TRAY, CD SUB W/ CDR PRINTING {aka 120mm to 80mm adapter)
QM2-1239-000 INNER COVER WITH ROLLERS

Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:36 PM   #7

I not only need that type b tray (assuming it is the right one, it does look right though), but I also need the 'tray holder' that sits in the paper output area and that you load the actual tray into.

Old Aug 5, 2005, 4:49 PM   #8

alkemyst wrote:
Quote:
I not only need that type b tray (assuming it is the right one, it does look right though), but I also need the 'tray holder' that sits in the paper output area and that you load the actual tray into.
Looks like I may be wrong about it using tray type b that we know and love. Noting the white lettering on the trays is one obvious difference. It also looks like the reflectors are located tward the aft where the pixma trays are located fore. This "can" be resolved i imagine with some white spray paint. On my epson tray the kills oderless oil based printer did the trick very well and hasn't rubbed off after 200 prints.

I seem to also recall someone on e-bay... and someone posting a link from the big pixma thread to the e-bay a i865ish looking printer with a cardboard tray... and someone trying to sell this on e-bay. I'll get back to you if I can find it.

8538A011AA is the only part number I know on this printer... and that's the printer it self.

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...865/page_1.htm
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...965/page_3.htm
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...965/page_6.htm
Old Aug 6, 2005, 11:27 AM   #9

Printing full face is easy :-)

Open the Canon Label Print Program, choose "New"

Click on the "Select Paper" icon (underneath "Position)

Click on "New"

Give it a new media name like "Full Face"

Set the outer size to 118mm

Set the inner size to 22mm or 21mm if using Verbatims

Click OK and you're done! :-)

Next time you want to use full face just click on "Select Paper" and choose "Full Face"

Just a quick note, Verbatims are not great for printing artwork with large areas of black, they tend to come out a very dark brown, Taiyo Yuden printables are better.

Here's a scan of a printed DVD, original disk was scanned at 300dpi and printed on a Verbatim 16X DVD-R using a Canon i865

Attached Images

phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 1:01 PM   #10

phaedra1106 wrote:
Quote:
Printing full face is easy :-)
Do you know the part number of your tray? Do you know the part number of that thing you have to sick into the output feed to accept CDs.

The issue seems to be the yank version didn't include either of these things, and while the yank version of the pixmas is physicaly equiped to accept these things, the i865/i965 might be a different story.