Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 7, 2005, 3:41 AM   #1

Hi,
I thought I would start a new thread since the other one on this topic is 15+ pages long.
Anyway, I am in the US and wanted the DVD capability of the UK version. I on a mac running OS 10.3.9 Got the printer, bought the 110v power supply. Installed the UK drivers and updated. Went to print a DVD and the DVD tray keeps spitting out? I have all the DVD selections avalable to me and everything looks in order. I lined up the arrows and even mis-aligned the arrows and every time it spits the disc back out and says something to the effect of "no disc found" Is there something else I need to do to get it to print onto DVD? or CD? Did I miss something? The manual has little knowledge on the subject.
What seems a little confusing is when you hit print and then it says "insert the CD tray and hit the rest button and then hit OK?" Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks
jaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2005, 7:05 AM   #2

I don't know if this helps, but tou could try...

Under the maintenance tab in the printer properties, there is a button called "Custom settings". If you press it, you have the option disable the detection of a printable disk.
Gruffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 1:48 PM   #3

OK, I got it to work and this may be the problem with you others who have a US version of this printers and it keeps rejecting the tray. Inside the printer are a set of white rollers, the tray runs into them and rejects. For some reason it would not push past them. I push fairly hard with the tray and the rollers lifted up and the CD tray went in and printed. I had to push harder than I liked with the tray but all seems to be working fine now and I can print in the US with a UK ip400 printer on a Mac OS running 10.3.9 and I must say that the images look beuatiful! Oh and BTW, my discs are not smudgng either and I have not put on any spray on the surface, I just print on Ritek inkjet printables and they look great and do not smudge.
Old May 11, 2005, 7:51 PM   #4

Not so fast, the printer is now telling me there is a jam, but htere is no jam. How do I reset the printer? Why does it think it is jammed???? #*@&#%#@%@&#*!!! It was all working fine until now!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 2:52 AM   #5

Just an update for anyone interested. I took my broken ip4000 to the local Canon service center, they fixed it in one day and now it is working perfect and I have printed 25+ DVD's with perfect results. It seems that Expansys sent me a broken printer to begin with, so that does not say much about them. But, it was under warranty and the local place serviced it for free, said it was a common problem with this printer and now its all good and I have a great printer that works perfectly.