Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 8, 2005, 1:42 PM   #1
cjp

have just bought canon i9950 for my portrait business and having huge problems with skin tones. They come out really pink/orange and not sure how to sort out problem or whether printer is faulty? Would appreciate and advice? Have changed levels of magenta manually in printer properties but have to pull it right down to -20 to get anywhere near accurate. Help!!!
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2005, 3:25 PM   #2

I assume that you are using the OEM ink carts that came with the printer and that you get a good nozzle check pattern.

1. What paper and printing program are you using?

2. Is your monitor calibrated? If it isn't, you may be printing an image thathas a color cast but which appears normal on your display.
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:36 AM   #3
cjp

Thanks for your reply. I am using canon paper and the correct canon cartriges for the printer. I'm not sure about my monitor - it is a new flat screen monitor bought specifically for photography work. I don't know anything about calibrating it so advice would be appreciated!
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:53 AM   #4

Post a sample photo where you see a color problem so that we can see if the color in the image is correct. Here are a few sample colors from color swatches that I downloaded for flesh colors. How do these colors look on your monitor and printer?
Attached Images

grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote