Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 21, 2002, 10:39 PM   #1

Default Canon S800 printing problem

I have a 13 month old Canon S800 that has printed about 100 8x10's (just replaced the black ink for the first time - haven't replaced any color twice) that has suddenly started printing pics with horrible color. Almost looks like a negative - fleshtones are gray, bright red is purple, green tree is almost black, etc. Nozzle test looks fine and Windows test page prints fine. When the driver is set to the lower quality (low or medium on plain paper) colors look good; but when trying to print pictures on Photo Paper Pro or Cannon Glossy Plus, the color is way off. I have always used Canon inks and Canon papers. Using USB cable. Tried with two different programs (Photoshop Elements and Printshop 12) with pictures that printed fine 2 weeks ago; also tried with two different computers (Win98SE and XP). Canon Tech Support just suggests taking it to an authorized service center (which charges minimum $50 for non-warranty inspection); if it needs a $90 printhead on top of the labor, I think I'd be better off getting new printer. I can't believe that it is worn out after such little use. Anyone have any ideas of what is wrong? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
rj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2002, 2:15 AM   #2

Try printing with a program instead of adobe. Use your windows viewer. See what happens. I'm betting your problem lies in the software settings. If you have other people that access your computer especially kids your setting may have been accidently changed. Also check to see what kind of driver settings you are using. Use no photo optimization.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote