Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:37 PM   #11

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I stand corrected. Been suffering model number overload :?
I know the feeling....
I am after a ip5000, at least I think I am ???? Mainly Graphics, text and the odd photo.

The only way to get them cheaper here is to order on the web - but they won't let you pick them up at the local shop (unless you pay about £30 more).

Printers if only they all did the same job - some are better at doing this, and the others are better at doing that.....it all depends on what you want one for, how are you going to use it, and what is it for.. it goes on and on.... in the end it only squirts ink on paper...Lol

Was just wondering, was you not thinking of the ip6000 by chance?
Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 8:18 PM   #12

davy wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I stand corrected. Been suffering model number overload :?
I know the feeling....
I am after a ip5000, at least I think I am ???? Mainly Graphics, text and the odd photo.

The only way to get them cheaper here is to order on the web - but they won't let you pick them up at the local shop (unless you pay about £30 more).

Printers if only they all did the same job - some are better at doing this, and the others are better at doing that.....it all depends on what you want one for, how are you going to use it, and what is it for.. it goes on and on.... in the end it only squirts ink on paper...Lol

Was just wondering, was you not thinking of the ip6000 by chance?
Davy
Yes yes, the ip6000. I only recently started researching canon models because I was so very displeased with the Epsons life expectancy. My primary application is CD printing as my handwriting and most recent printer models, but after seeing the R200 in action decided to actually print at home rather than visiting the photo lab. The ip3000 purchase was a sort of a I want to risk as little as possible, and it's cost was £35, or £23 after rebate or in your currency... or round and abouts of the OEM ink.

My first impressions of both the ip3000 and mp760 I own is the sky blues seem a tad heavy, hince thinking the lack of light cyan may be the issue.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 4:50 PM   #13

Somehow it only occurred to me that you meant the ip6000 after I'd posted that and did an edit on it.

Anything like that for me is OTT (over the top), I just ordered a ip5000 from Dabs computers, Bolton UK.

More into graphics, text and the odd photo so I think the ip5000 a better match for my use, as long as grass is green that'll suit me fine.

I reckon it's an improvement on my Epson C62, which is in a big hole somewhere on the face of this earth where it best belongs....Lol...!

Just that you caught wrong key on the keyboard that's all.

WildmanCAL would be wise to price the ink tanks up on both his selected printers before he decides. A good review is photo-i.

Davy

davy is offline   Reply With Quote