Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 29, 2005, 7:39 PM   #1

Ink jets need to be used to prevent 'clogging', but how often, anyone could offer some advice here.

Would I be right in saying in say a small picture or a test pattern of all the main colours every two or three days or could I get away with a little longer.

I finally 'tossed' the C62, "about time too...", I can hear you all say, certain to get the pixma 5000. Thanks

Davy

davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:52 PM   #2

I have found that the clogging problem that has occured in the older epson printers does not affect the canons. I have had an ip3000 for over a year and it usage is in cycles. Heavy then none for months at a time. No clogging!

I will never buy another epson due to the clogging issues of the past.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:56 AM   #3

Hi,
Thank you for the info, that's nice to know. Part of the trouble I think with Epson's the C and CX series is that the waste pipe tends to come away from the head cleaning dock, I was told usually happen with a new cartridge change, and wonder how many have been 'tossed' because of this.

This also causes clogging, and wonder how many have been 'tossed' because of this. and something keeps bugging me
here.

Switch on or do a cleaning cycle, head purges ink into inkwell, ink mixes - makes beutiful colours and maybe come thick in process, the level may rise enough to 're-ink' the heads, the heads wipes against the rubber cleaning blades, the blades pushes the ink off AND then some of this 'mixed' ink is pushed into the nozzles by the wiping action.

Only my theory and backed up by a printer expert.

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote