Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:34 PM   #31

The iP4200 most definitely does have it's own set of rollers. To remove the piece of plastic blocking the CD/DVD slot just take a small screwdriver, close the inner cover, and push it up from underneath to push the plastic out from the backside. The piece of plastic will pop right out.

I have a type B tray on order; it should be here in a day or two. I tried a couple of cardboard trays, but I couldn't get them to work. It looks like a B tray may work as I watched the print head (which contains the sensor) move into position to look for a reflector on the right side of the tray. It was very close to where I had put reflectors on my cardboard tray.

Still crossing my fingers.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:38 PM   #32

Anyone know if the IP4200 rollers are the exact same rollers for the IP4000 printers? If so, couldn't the people with IP3000/4000/5000 printers order the part from Canon USA?

Sure rollers are not mandatory, however, they just make the process smoother and a lot nicer to use.....

Thanks in advance for any info on these rollers!
gamedude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:10 AM   #33

gamedude88 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone know if the IP4200 rollers are the exact same rollers for the IP4000 printers? If so, couldn't the people with IP3000/4000/5000 printers order the part from Canon USA?

Sure rollers are not mandatory, however, they just make the process smoother and a lot nicer to use.....

Thanks in advance for any info on these rollers!
I doubt they would. I've only seen the pixma iP4200 once and it doesn't have the same shape as current generation pixmas. For example... if you look at my image you'll see it's somewhat like a right triangle. The iP4200 has a thinner piece of plastic about 3mm thick and is retangular. Probally most importantly it's a detachable piece. On the other hand... looking at the attached image the inner door looks similar so even if as I suspect the rollers are intragrated with the door it may be possible to disassemble the printer and replace the inner door. I'm sure the part isn't all that spendy if you want to research the issue.

Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:41 AM   #34

Major updates to http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/

Added a swirly thing
Refined the design a little

Index - Added paragraph on i series cd printers, listed iP4200, iP5200, iP6600D, MP450, MP500, MP800, and MP950 as models with no or little information.
Section 1 - Added section about power supply
Section 2 - Added annoc's info about roller assembly.
Section 3 - Added section on making a tray, and one with hub from slim jewel case. Also added information about the epson tray mod. Replaced outdated links to joes selling trays to a more generic ebay search link. Created an epson tray diagram and overlayed digiguy's diagram on top of it. Downgraded my it to a 75dpi gif. Makes for a 40KB image this way rather than 400KB Removed avanlee's scan of the pixma tray.
Section 4 - Added info about ip4200 destination settings as well as the mosaics I did earlier
Section 5 - Updated links to software
Section 6 - Added knightcrawler's regkeys and more details regedit instructions.
Section 7 - updated layout. spiffy mosaic
Section 8 - Now with 4 cd printing applications. Added 120mm adapter mosaic
Section 9 - use refined template
Section 10 - Added more links mostly for 3rd party ink.

E-bay users please use http://pixma-faq.periastron.com.nyud.net:8090/

The site is on a colo and there may be issues using up too much bandwidth. viewing through the above link uses saves me bandwidth.

Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:55 PM   #35

VERY NICE job on the website...Thnx for providing such a great site.

Coolio
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:52 PM   #36

So I recieved my new ip4200.

Set it to EUR, and everything works. There is a problem though with my tray, I guess one of the reflectors is off position (even though I perfectly followed the template). There was no need to set the registry key. I'm learning SureThing, along with the ip4000 template.
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:26 PM   #37

I can now confirm that the type "B" tray does work with the Pixma iP4200. I don't know if the positioning is the same as for the type "C" though. I don't have the CDPrint program so I need to play around with the positioning. I tested it by simply changing the page size and type to Printable Disc and CD Tray C and then printing a document (I'm using a throwaway disc with a paper label for testing). It accepted the B tray and printed on the disc.

I can't find the link to download the label application that comes with the non-US Canon printers. Can someone please re-post it here and I'll test with it?

Edit: Ignore that last, I found the link.

Further edit: It works with the Labelprint program without any modifications to the printer settings!

Dave S.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:16 PM   #38

Thanks Dave. That's good news.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:19 PM   #39

Dave S. wrote:
Quote:
I can now confirm that the type "B" tray does work with the Pixma iP4200. I don't know if the positioning is the same as for the type "C" though.
Tray type C is a figment of our imagination. Someone said "tray type C" and I assumed the new pixmas might have a new tray type just like the i series had "tray type a"

Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:42 PM   #40

I recently sent a support request to Canon .com. I asked them if the ip5200 would be usingthe same cd tray as the ip4000 or if it would be different. here is their reply.
Incident Number 2152720 Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding your Canon PIXMA iP5200. From the information supplied I can confirm that the PIXMA iP5200 has the same CD printing tray as the iP4000. Should our answer not fully resolve your problem, please feel free to either re-submit a new query on our Website
curkun is offline   Reply With Quote