Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:33 PM   #41

Actually I'm the one who said Type "C". That's how it's presented in the list of available page sizes for the 4200. For the 4000 it's listed as type "B", so I presumed that they would be different. Obviously they're not.

I'm quite pleased with the CD/DVD printing on the 4200. The rollers are integeral, so no nudging is necessary. Print quality is, as expected, excellent. The Canon Pixma 3000 template for Nero 6 Ultra works correctly with this printer, so there's another CD labeling program you can use.

Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:14 PM   #42

Dave S. wrote:
Quote:
Actually I'm the one who said Type "C". That's how it's presented in the list of available page sizes for the 4200. For the 4000 it's listed as type "B", so I presumed that they would be different. Obviously they're not.

I'm quite pleased with the CD/DVD printing on the 4200. The rollers are integeral, so no nudging is necessary. Print quality is, as expected, excellent. The Canon Pixma 3000 template for Nero 6 Ultra works correctly with this printer, so there's another CD labeling program you can use.
Currently in my list is
Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker
Discus 3.1
Nero Cover Designer
SureThing

I welcome anyone else who has informatin regarding other software or templates to use with existing applications.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 4:15 PM   #43

Can anyone tell me if they got the cd alignment feature to work on the ip4200. I've tried twice and it does nothing. BTW, I've sucessfully modified my old r200's tray to work with the ip4200, I used a belt sander :-)
eric93se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:16 PM   #44

eric93se wrote:
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if they got the cd alignment feature to work on the ip4200. I've tried twice and it does nothing. BTW, I've sucessfully modified my old r200's tray to work with the ip4200, I used a belt sander :-)
Near as I'm aware.... no one has seen the offical Service manual. One user accidently stumbled on the destination settings by pressing the resume button too many times. It's possible that doing so from the main menu will result in hard copy of what each option is... but I don't know this for a fact. Attempt at your own risk

A viable alternative would be in your favorite photo editing application creating an image 120mm x 120mm with cross hairs down the middle and a mark 5mm inward and printing it. I should take the time to make such an image.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:24 AM   #45

Righto - new link to the cd-label print software.

http://alpha02.c-wss.com/inc/ApplSer...1&TRF=MAIN
CD-LablePrint Ver. 1.1.0 (Windows)
CD-LablePrint Ver. 1.3.0 (Mac OS X)

Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:42 AM   #46

I don't have alignment issues with my 4200. The Canon CD Label software has the crosshairs and allows me to make minute adjustments. Usually, it comes upperfectlycentered already.I made a "paper" template in the software with an outer diameter of 118 mm and an inner diameter of 22 mm. This gives me perfect prints with hub printablemedia.
Ra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:28 PM   #47

Concerning an IP4000 and the selection of destination.

What is different between pressing resume 4 times (not japan cdr support a4 paper)or 5 times (not japan cdr support letter paper)?

What is this going to affect?
dotmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 4:07 PM   #48

dotmatrix wrote:
Quote:
Concerning an IP4000 and the selection of destination.

What is different between pressing resume 4 times (not japan cdr support a4 paper)or 5 times (not japan cdr support letter paper)?

What is this going to affect?
a4 = 8.25" 11.75"
letter = 8.5" / 11"

This is speculation... the japan edition is the pixma ip4100 which uses bci-7 color inks. if you select japan cdr this might affect color rendering assuming the colors on the bci-7 inks are different. They are a different formula so this is a reasonable guess.

A4 and letter support are not likely to affect much of anything as the driver tells the printer which paper size to use. This "might" affect things that assume a paper size based on your region, such as the diagnostic print and such. I would reccomend you pick the one that is the size of paper your most likely to use in the unlikely event a job is sent to print without saying the papersize.

Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:50 PM   #49

Hi,
I have a PIXMA IP3000 and I followed the 5 easy steps to enable CD-R printing on my printer. However, when I try to print a test design on a test CD-R, I'm told that the CD-R tray isn't inserted, or that a CD-R isn't on the CD-R tray. Does anyone know what's wrong? I'm using the new template at http://pixma.webpal.info/Pixma345/images/template2.jpg

I've attached a picture of my CD-R tray.

Thanks!
galapogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:50 AM   #50

galapogos wrote:
Quote:
Hi,
I have a PIXMA IP3000 and I followed the 5 easy steps to enable CD-R printing on my printer. However, when I try to print a test design on a test CD-R, I'm told that the CD-R tray isn't inserted, or that a CD-R isn't on the CD-R tray. Does anyone know what's wrong? I'm using the new template at http://pixma.webpal.info/Pixma345/images/template2.jpg

I've attached a picture of my CD-R tray.

Thanks!

Well.. could be a few things, but the first thing that comes to mind is the tray should be black. A paint bucket in your favorite application should do the trick or magic marker a larger area. Or at the very least the nose should be black with the white reflecters. Otherwise it might think it's seeing a reflector where it shouldn't be and rejecting it.

The second thing that comes to mind is the alignment, and in the middle reflector might be off a tad. Describe what the printer does in terms like in... out... wiggle. There is a button you can press with the lid open so you can see it try to print and see at what point it's rejecting the tray.