Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 3, 2005, 7:02 AM   #1

In Japan a new canon printer is to come out, which is equipped with new ink cartouches "CLI-8". Who white for which printer this to be used?
websterursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:40 AM   #2

I'm not sure where you get the "8" from, but the new ink set will be the BCI-7 series ink, Chroma-Life100, having 100 year archival quality. It replaces the 6 series and will probably take a firmware upgrade to covert current Canon Pixma printers.
Attached Images

iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:47 AM   #3

CLI-8! It´s a brand new cartridge from Japan. But can`t find any information about the printer. Do you have informations or connectionsfrom Japan?
websterursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:56 AM   #4

Quote:
ChromaLife (chroma life) 100 " is beauty of the photograph and the system (general term) which raises conservation, so far above with the combination of the new dye ink and the genuine photograph paper. Album retention in addition to 100, light-proof 30 year, antigas characteristic 10 year was actualized *. * It depends on the type of paper.

As for the ink which is used for the ink jet printer, because 300 DEGC it is heated above instantaneous, as for the private ink you must be stable vis-a-vis heat. In addition, becoming the correct spherical drop without being able to plug the minute nozzle, you must become fixed in the paper. At CANON, technology such as organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and polymer chemistry in the base, development of the high functional ink is continued. Not only functionality, it clears also harsh safety standard.

The new dye ink of individual development, coloration characteristic, when printing ink density (OD value) has become the ink which is superior. Because OD value is high, normally high picture quality printing is possible even with the paper. Furthermore, " picture conservation " is raised, has become the ink which it is difficult to do to fade.

Development of the ink which it is difficult to do to fade, is not something where if the gas in the air (the ozone and the nitrogen oxide, the sulphur oxide), the coloring material which is strong in light and humidity should have been utilized. Vis-a-vis all colors, the optimum color design, weather resistance and good quality et cetera of the ink handling which does not ruin the efficiency of the print head, it is necessary to develop the coloring material which balance well holds. By the fact that the molecular design and performance evaluation are repeated, the optimum coloring material was developed. In addition, in order to appraise the weather resistance with the long span where 30 years, 100 years you say, the accelerated test method due to the simulation which reproduces deterioration environment is established, efficiency is appraised precisely.

Weather resistant image of new development
As for the private paper with multilayer structure, as for based pulp layer ink absorption is fast, there is no spread and ink mixture. It copes with the gas in the air which becomes cause of aged deterioration in ink adsorption layer to add the " antigas improver ", fading is controled in minimum. The surface is done " mirror surface processing ", the clearness, high-level material feeling expression of the ツヤ and depth et cetera is possible.

The ChromaLife100, because it is strong in the light of the ultraviolet ray and the fluorescent light et cetera, the photo frame (the frame) with retention is a conservation
Structure of professional photoof approximately 30 years depending upon the combination with the " professional photo paper ". Because there is an antigas characteristic, 10 year retention which exceeds the silver salt photograph is possible even with when it decorates that way in the interior.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:14 AM   #5

:blah: Nice translation from the Japan site, googles does a good job
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6

I have a set of the CLI-7 inks coming from Japan this week. Once they get here I'll let you know how they work.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:15 PM   #7

What machine will you be using them on? and if you're using the ip8500 or i9900 do you have the driver that will accept them? I believe they will fit becuase they're the same size and all, but without the driver or firmware update, will they work correctly?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:39 PM   #8

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
What machine will you be using them on? and if you're using the ip8500 or i9900 do you have the driver that will accept them? I believe they will fit becuase they're the same size and all, but without the driver or firmware update, will they work correctly?

If the are the same cartridge size then I believe the only issue would be creating a custom color profile.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:48 AM   #9

I'm using them on the i860 (same as the Pixma4000). They arrived today and the label states that they are compatible with the Japanese versions of the Pixma line,8500, 9900, and various MP models.

I'm sure the Japanese drivers can be downloaded and used with any of these models to get whatever updates might be necessary. However, I'm with CannonFodder and plan to simply create a new profile for them formyinitial attempts. If that doesn't go well I may pick up a 4000 and go the Japanese driver route.

Of course, now that they're here, I'm getting swamped at work. It may take a few more days than I plannedto get a profile createdand some sample prints done. I'll let you know how it goes.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 3:41 PM   #10

:blah: If someone locates the color profile for the new 7 series ink or some sort of update that's from Canon (from the Japanese site), please share with us the link.