Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:05 PM   #1

Now that I have the mp760, I can't see how to get it into service mode. I can't follow the instruction block for the ip4000 as well, there is no resume key. But like the ip4000 it has the same front door and the same piece of plastic.

Anyone got the service manual or know the service mode key strokes?

Thanks
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:55 AM   #2

Look at post # 6 in

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165
grandad35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:24 PM   #3

grandad35 wrote:
Thanks but... post #6 makes refernce to the "resume" button. the mp760 has no resume button. It has a cancel button but that's doesn't seem to trigger it. It has an OK button but that doesn't seem to trigger service mode. Nor does either start button.

The instruction block on the multi-fuctionals with on screen displays unfortunatly tend to be different than just printers.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 9:41 PM   #4

Well I have found a site which claims to have the sequence to access the service mode, but I am sure you would rather wait for eugene3838 or someone else to post a link. Heck maybe they will even figure out they need to enter the printer service mode (oops maybe I've said to much) and change the destination setting and how to make a tray which works with it. So I will sit back and let others do the work for a change.

Then I can be giventhe credit for it.:O
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2005, 11:29 PM   #5

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
Well I have found a site which claims to have the sequence to access the service mode, but I am sure you would rather wait for eugene3838 or someone else to post a link. Heck maybe they will even figure out they need to enter the printer service mode (oops maybe I've said to much) and change the destination setting and how to make a tray which works with it. So I will sit back and let others do the work for a change.

Then I can be given the credit for it. :O
I don't care who does post a link or gives information. Sure I'll share that info and share where I got it. I would find it useful, i'm sure someone else will too. I care little for politics, don't have and special hidden agendas, just the printer and the desire to use it :blah:

Ah, I see. Perhaps you were the most early reference to how to find the service manual for the ip4000, but because I was searching for "http" and marking buts of useful information, it didn't make it to my copy and paste pile, where a comment by eugene3838 did. Your comment was almost too subtle. I'll make a correction if you feel it's important.

Update: I found a Deutch page that listed the keystrokes to get into service mode. Beyond that I haven't found much useful. I mucked around and enabled something that permits me to get past the "inner door open" error, but i've not actually printed a CD yet, claims "no disc in tray".

While printer on tap Menu - scan - copy - scan.

http://www.enderlin-direkt.com/spa/i...ic&p=6363#6363