Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:37 PM   #1

Default Which printer: Epson 825 or HP 7350??

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and digital photography. I just bought an Olympus C4000Z and I want to get a printer. The main feature I want is to print without a computer so the printer must have a Smartmedia slot.

Which printer should I get and why?

Thanks!
Goobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2002, 6:28 PM   #2

Goobie,
The Epson 785exp can be had for about $130, aftermarket Ink works well and saves a bundle. Do not buy epson if you are only going to print 1 or 2 items a months, It has permant heads that loved to be worked hard. Using aftermarket ink you can save enough every 5 changes to replace printer, not that you will need to.
Goodluck,
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2003, 12:53 PM   #3

The epson 785 is a great printer but unfortunatly it does not use exif color match technologies like the epson 825 does. If you are looking at the 825 and considering a printer to be standalone for photos consider the 925 as well. On the website the features may look the same but they are really not. The 925 has a faster computer which enables prints off the card to be done in half the time. Also allows for easier interface with the printer because it actually tells you what is wrong on the screen as well as your ink levels.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 12:08 PM   #4

Well, I bought the 825 yesterday at Comp USA. I used a $75 rebate since I bought my Olympus camera just a few weeks ago. The printer is awesome.
Goobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 2:59 PM   #5

Good to hear. Alot of people still buy the 825 and are delighted with the printer.
Old May 21, 2003, 2:49 PM   #6

Default About Epson 825 and 925

On www.cnet.com, the Epson 925 got a terrible editor's review (only about 5.7 out of 10 rating). Can CNET reviews be relied upon?
Pavlograd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 11:28 PM   #7

7.5 out of 10 is not a horrible rating. But in my experience cnet changes thier standards so damn quickly based on advertising and such by each manufacture that I've taken it upon myself not to trust em as much anymore.
Old May 22, 2003, 11:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregersonsalvage
Good to hear. Alot of people still buy the 825 and are delighted with the printer.
you can get a 785 for under a hundred bucks at Microcenter, there doing a 20% off sale on digital cameras and photo printers.
djbango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 12:47 PM   #9

825 is better due to its use of the latest PIM and the ability to use exif files makes for a very good printer that will support all the latest digital cameras on the market.