Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:35 PM   #21

taffyanne wrote:
Quote:
Don't have a scanner to show you, but I don't have a control panel anywhere like that for the printer. If I did I'd use it. Turns out the idiot at MicroCenter gave me two ink cartridges that were meant for another canon so that's why it turned so yellow. Now I'm back to white people looking like lobsters. I've downloaded the drivers from the website, but I still don't have a panel like that one. If I'm too spacey forgive me I'm Pregnant and
I see this often enough the with standard inks.

For future reference you have a camera that if i'm not mistaken has a lens on it that has the Macro stetting (really close up). Perfect for close up snapshots (i.e. needing help you can photograph what your talking about). But what is really needed is a ring flash which you don't have, but if you have one of those magnafying lens with a floresent ring bulb around it this is the next best thing. Great for photographing small objects such as coins, stamps, and 4*6 prints you're trying to get help on. Works even for old disposable fixed focus cameras in a pinch.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:55 PM   #22

Quote:
but I don't have a control panel anywhere like that for the printer
If you don't have that panel when you go to File>Print and select the "Properties" box in a program like Word or File>Print then "Preferences" in Internet Explorer you are working with just the driver Windows installed.

If you have installed the Canon driver look in Control Panel and the Printers and Faxes. You might have two of the same printer with the wrong one listed as the default printer – there is a little check box for the default printer. Click on the other one and then Printer>Preferences. If the box is there go Printer>Set as Default.

If you have only one printer listed go Printer>Preferences to see if the box isn't there. If it is I have no idea why you couldn't access it from programs. If you click on the printer icon on many programs you don't get the dialog – it just prints from your default settings.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:21 PM   #23

Quote:
just the driver Windows installed.
She's on a mac.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:27 PM   #24

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
just the driver Windows installed.
She's on a mac.
Sorry - I knew that yesterday. One of the three bad things about getting old, but I forgot the other two.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:59 AM   #25

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, but I still can't get the control panel for printing, but the colors are normal again. I using a local camera shop to do my prints ( I worked there in college). This printer is fine for b/w text, but I hope it dies soon so I can get another one, but with baby on the way.............that's wishful thinking
taffyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:31 AM   #26

I have a iP5000 and I have somewhat of the same problem. The faces on pictures of people look like they have moss growing on them. I have my monitor set for the Adobe RGB color space and my printer set at that as well. I have not clue what to do to fix this!
Geeek204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:06 AM   #27

Just keep everything RGB and I also uninstalled everything and reinstalled. I just take my photos to a local shop to be printed if I want something good.
taffyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:32 AM   #28

Which RGB there are many? sRGB or Color Match RGB or Wide Gamut RGB?
Geeek204 is offline   Reply With Quote