Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 3, 2003, 3:02 PM   #1

Default Canon s900 color profiles

I use photoshop 7 running on Mac OS 10.2. I am considering buying the Canon S900, but am
concerned that canon doesn't provide icc color profiles for their own paper with this printer. I
am happy to use canon paper, but I want all my color management to be through photoshop
and be able to soft proof with photoshop. In order to do this I believe I need the profiles.
Does anyone know where I can find profiles for the canon papers and what is your opinion as
to how good these profiles are. Thank you for your help.
dhalpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:12 PM   #2

I have the 900 and wouldn't trade it for any printer. Bought it, love it, so I bought the 9000. Should have done that first! :idea: I also use PS 7. I have not ben able to find profiles from Canon. I use the Photo Paper Pro for most of my photos and could not be happier. I also get fabulous prints on Epson's Matte and Colorlife papers. I've owned 3 Epson photo printers and will never go back. I'm not knocking them, just love the Canons. The color is amazing. The prints look exactly like my monitor, be they color or B&W. I'm a 48 year old student in a photography program at a comm college. I always amaze my instructors and fellow students with prints from either Canon. The school is replacing their Epsons with Canons.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:15 PM   #3

Oh yea! These things are really fast. REALLY FAST! 3-4 minutes versus 20 minutes for a quality 8x10.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote