Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:41 PM   #1

Default Computer stores really bug me

Why is it Comp USA, Micro Center ..ect can sell printers but can't have them hooked up to get some test prints off. The salesmen at Comp USA was Quick to lift the price sign off the canon S820 boxes but can't help with seeing just how this printer Printes. I heard it is very slow when doing text and i wanted to see it in action. Best buys did not have this model. Also what is this push with HP printers, it seams they are the only ones hooked up to do test prints on. maybe it's becasue they have the built in card reader but they are also hooked to computers but not Epson or Canon. There was a few Epson printer that have the push button demo but no canon. It starting sites like this are becoming very important when picking a printer since no one has it set up for test printing so steve should include a page in his reviews of printed pictures & text
so we can see how well these do the job. :evil:
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2003, 2:58 PM   #2

Hp has a big push because they are coming down on the retailers hard to sell HP printers by buying out endcaps and such and since they also make computers and own about half the shelf in computers they also buy endcaps that encompass a printer scannner and computer. They want to be your company for buying everything. They have become the microsoft of the computer world. Also florina is not very well known for having ethical marketing strategies.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2003, 2:47 AM   #3

I was in Staples awhile ago and the salesman told me they do not make a commission, but that HP is a better value, so that is why the push.
BTW... What is an "endcap"? :?:
Bill Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2003, 5:37 AM   #4

Endcap is the end of an isle which usually features a product or two. Endcaps are often paid for usually in the price of thousands of dollars per store. For an endcap in a single Fry's electronics will cost you around 10-20 grand a month.

Not only do the stores make money off the vendors displaying thier product but they also make money off of the product being sold thier.

Also people at staples do make commisions but not as much as a commision based company like circut city does. Most of the commisions are made in feature products like certain printers, computers and cell phones and in warranties which equals out to 5 percent of the warranty sale.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote