Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:48 PM   #11

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2Br&page=1

The whole list at newegg.com

Knight--

Thanks for the info... will check it out as soon as I have a moment to do so! :-)
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:51 PM   #12

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
I mostly go Double Jewel my self for DVDs. Takes up less space uses less ink. To this end the heavier papers are my bag, esp since I do a slit to get that lovely edge for the rear of the disc. I must admit DVD covers are easier to cut.

Zake.... Q- what do you mean "since I do a slit to get that lovely edge for the rear of the disk"? Just curious... Sorry... hehe... It's the hair, ya kno... blonde... LOL

Chat later....
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:31 PM   #13

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Hi all... Thanks Zake! :-)

Ok... Q- 8X vs 16X?? Thoughts anyone?

Samsung... anyone use those?
Q-? I have no idea what a Q-? is.

There is GQ (stands for Great Quality) and Optical Quantium. *heard* of those... not heard of a Q-?

Oddly enough I've had great luck burning cheepo discs. In fact the only discs that ever coastered on me where Costco TDK-r (2 out of 50), not a coaster yet on the Costco TDK+r (made in taiwan). These are not full face.

Fuji (made in india) newegg is full face.

-Papers i've not tried-
Hammermill inkjet paper - general purpose (only their indoor sign paper)
Epson matte paper (single and double sided) - under glass or jewel case
(ilford also has a SS/DS matte)
HP Premium Inkjet Paper(51634Y) - $20/200p (light weight 25.5lb dvd covers?)

Enclosed is a small sample from Costco TDK-R. I'm still working out the kinks in intensity and color. left is the origional right is well is what it looks like. 75dpi

Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:14 PM   #14

LMBOCSL!!!

Sorry Zake! Q- as in Question.... :-)LOL.... Sorry!

Good job on the disks... Yes, I can see there's a big dif in the 2. I wonder where iSAPS got the verbatim 50 pk for $9.99? I'll have to ask in the other topic.

The sale on the Verbatim that I posted earlier is only thru tomorrow so I may just get those to start with unless I can find something better that I can be fairly sure of.

Ok... Going to pop over to the other topic and will chack back here in a bit.

Chow!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:58 PM   #15

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Good job on the disks... Yes, I can see there's a big dif in the 2. I wonder where iSAPS got the verbatim 50 pk for $9.99? I'll have to ask in the other topic.

The sale on the Verbatim that I posted earlier is only thru tomorrow so I may just get those to start with unless I can find something better that I can be fairly sure of.

Ok... Going to pop over to the other topic and will chack back here in a bit.

Chow!
Quote:
Zake.... Q- what do you mean "since I do a slit to get that lovely edge for the rear of the disk"? Just curious... Sorry... hehe... It's the hair, ya kno... blonde... LOL
ah... lol.. Jewel cases have a front side... and a rear with is more retangular but has two flaps for the spine. I find I have to slit with a razor blade ever so slightly to get perfect flaps. It's more work than chopping up the DVD label that you can shove in the right sized paper and just close the long box. The enclosed image is a super jewel long box... it sort of illistrates what i'm talking about (don't mind the crappy camera and lack of color saturation). It's hard to tell from this pic but the logo reflects English, sweedish chef, latin, piss poor welsh, and awful chinese (apparently cowboy sound isn't yeeehaaa there)

But at that price i'd say buy verbatium... be happy. No little about the sony drive as I have a liteon unit 813 or some such.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:31 AM   #16

Ok... been out of the stream of things... Had a cake order so.... now it's done and I'm back. :-)Surprised there aren't any new posts- where is everybody?! LOL oh well.

Still can't get ahold of my sister-in-law... we've been playing telephone tag and now they've up and gone to Mass. for the holiday weekend. I'm getting a bit frustratedto tell the truth.Anyhoo..... Guess I'll pop over to the other topic and see what's up over there. Should be getting my ip3000 sometime this week. I can't wait!! :-)

Happy 4th everyone.... Be safe!

Chow-
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:47 PM   #17

For those of you who are costco member in the US:

There is a coupon in the summer passport book for 100 count TDK Dvd-r or DVD+r Printable surface 8x pack. Buy one get one free.

The price is $41.99 Regularly.

So you get 200 for $41.99.

20 cents a disk.

Coupon starts on aug 15 - aug 21.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:52 PM   #18

Here is a great resource for finding good disks:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia

Bookmark it. I have.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:23 PM   #19

weapon wrote:
Quote:
For those of you who are costco member in the US:

There is a coupon in the summer passport book for 100 count TDK Dvd-r or DVD+r Printable surface 8x pack. Buy one get one free.

The price is $41.99 Regularly.

So you get 200 for $41.99.

20 cents a disk.

Coupon starts on aug 15 - aug 21.

Wow! Guess I need to get a Costco membership! :-)

Thanks for the info Weapon!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:26 AM   #20

Hi all...

I checked out that site videohelp.com.

Great site Weapon- Thanks! :-)Only problem I ran into- and I need to know if it's just me or not.... I did a search on printable and there was only- like 7 listings... At least at this time. Is anyone else doing searches on a dif keyword- or is this all there is for right now??

Also... is 16x better than 8x? or is 8x generally more stable?

Thanks all!

I'll check in later or tomorrow.