Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:39 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
Default

Got my printable CDs and DVDs from here - http://www.supermediastore.com/prodi...e-thermal.html

They have separate categories for the printable discs, and tell you whether they're printable all the way to the hub. And their prices are pretty good. They were having a sale on printables when I ordered, stuff was even cheaper.

Matt
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:32 PM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default

bigrig wrote:
Quote:
Got my printable CDs and DVDs from here - http://www.supermediastore.com/prodi...e-thermal.html

They have separate categories for the printable discs, and tell you whether they're printable all the way to the hub. And their prices are pretty good. They were having a sale on printables when I ordered, stuff was even cheaper.

Matt

Matt- Thanks! So how do you like the prodisk?? It's so confusing because for everyone who has something good to say about a certian disk, another has something neg. to say about the same disk. I'm begining to see that this is all a matter of trial and error because what works for one person doesn't ness. work for the next guy. I contacted a bunch of places for samples and am waiting to see what happens. As soon as I know I'll post the sites here.

Thanks again Matt!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:17 AM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6
Default

zakezuke,

Where do you adjust the settings to change the color and intensity? I have the ip3000 and am using CD Label Print on Memorex 8x+R. The color is extremely washed out and I don't want to start blindly messing with settings since each disc is not cheap.

TIA


zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Hi all... Thanks Zake! :-)

Ok... Q- 8X vs 16X?? Thoughts anyone?

Samsung... anyone use those?
Q-? I have no idea what a Q-? is.

There is GQ (stands for Great Quality) and Optical Quantium. *heard* of those... not heard of a Q-?

Oddly enough I've had great luck burning cheepo discs. In fact the only discs that ever coastered on me where Costco TDK-r (2 out of 50), not a coaster yet on the Costco TDK+r (made in taiwan). These are not full face.

Fuji (made in india) newegg is full face.

-Papers i've not tried-
Hammermill inkjet paper - general purpose (only their indoor sign paper)
Epson matte paper (single and double sided) - under glass or jewel case
(ilford also has a SS/DS matte)
HP Premium Inkjet Paper(51634Y) - $20/200p (light weight 25.5lb dvd covers?)

Enclosed is a small sample from Costco TDK-R. I'm still working out the kinks in intensity and color. left is the origional right is well is what it looks like. 75dpi

brentcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 3:57 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

brentcollins wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke,

Where do you adjust the settings to change the color and intensity? I have the ip3000 and am using CD Label Print on Memorex 8x+R. The color is extremely washed out and I don't want to start blindly messing with settings since each disc is not cheap.
Not cheap? Well I guess they are 40c/each depending on brand or where you shop.
The sad part of it is... you gotta waste some discs to be perfect... or stick with a ballpark +12 intensity located under[*] manual color and intensity. +12 is going to look really good on most media types... except perhaps Fuji's.

My gameplan has been to make copies for friends.... many discs they get. Next will be scanning in the results and subtracting the color to get some idea what aspect is missing, and from there building a database of media types and reccomended color settings. Hopefully with enough feedback a list can be constructed.


[/*]
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:12 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Hi all.... Ok.... Here's a copy of the post in the other topic- since not many people are popping over here just yet....

I got my ip3000 today!!!!! Woooohooooo! LOL haven't set it up yet tho...

Also, I found a place that sells blank media at REALLY reasonable prices. I just bought a 10 pk of 8x ritek +r's- white printable for $6.25 and a 10 pk of 8x prodisc white hub printable for $5.25. They also have verbatim white hub printable- 50 pk for $32.99. Best of all-they guarantee ALL blank media- if it doesn't work for you or if you aren't happy for ANY reason- they refund your money. The address is:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

Tax only for CT customers and shipping is VERY reasonable. I just placed my order today- but I'll let everyone know how it all goes. they also have cases (all kinds) really reasonable too. I ordered a 10 pk of of dbl dvd full size for $4.25. Which I think is good for a smaller size pk. You can also get double layer printables- and I like this- I can order only 1 if I want- just to try it out, before buying bulk. Bulk prices are even better. They do have 'sample' pks, but you only get between 4 and 6 disks and they run 4.99 and are NON-RETURNABLE. So, for the extra- what- .25- to 1.25 I went for the 10 pks that ARE returnable. Anyhoo- I think these guys are pretty good- but time will tell. I have put in for FREE sample disks from a few places but haven't gotten anything yet.... When I do I'll be sure to post the sites and info.

Now, I need to copy this over to the other topic! Whew!

Okie- later all!

Chow!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:15 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Not cheap? Well I guess they are 40c/each depending on brand or where you shop.
The sad part of it is... you gotta waste some discs to be perfect... or stick with a ballpark +12 intensity located under [*]manual color and intensity. +12 is going to look really good on most media types... except perhaps Fuji's.

My gameplan has been to make copies for friends.... many discs they get. Next will be scanning in the results and subtracting the color to get some idea what aspect is missing, and from there building a database of media types and reccomended color settings. Hopefully with enough feedback a list can be constructed.

[/*]


great idea zake! errr.... Matt! LOL

If I can help with any input- please, just let me know.

Ok- gotta run for tonight!

Chow baby! LOL I'm in such a silly mood tonight!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:20 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Oh Matt---

As soon as I get my tray from Brent and set it all up, I'll let you know if the tray is auto sucked in or if I have to manually push it in there. Maybe that will help answer your q about whether it's the 3000 or just the epson tray needing to be fine-tuned. Could it be that the other printer sucks it in because the rollers are a bit tighter or something? There must be some kind of slight dif- if it is in fact the tray itself. Will let you know as soon as I get it all together.

G'nite! don't let the bedbugs bite!

Chow baby! LOL--- such a silly silly mood!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:52 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
As soon as I get my tray from Brent and set it all up, I'll let you know if the tray is auto sucked in or if I have to manually push it in there. Maybe that will help answer your q about whether it's the 3000 or just the epson tray needing to be fine-tuned. Could it be that the other printer sucks it in because the rollers are a bit tighter or something? There must be some kind of slight dif- if it is in fact the tray itself. Will let you know as soon as I get it all together.
I think it's one of those issues that will just drive me nutty... it doesn't so much bug me except the fact when giving advice so many others don't share the same experence, even when someone is using the same equipment (epson tray and ip3000). If it drives me too nutty I can always take the one piece I have left and cut it.

I think.... now that I think about it... that my printer is not perfectly level. My desk is not only lame partical board but the monitor I have on it is far too heavy. Or... I know one printer faces east to west where the ip3000 faces south to north.. and there is a slight tilt in the foundation.

my supply of Memorex CD-rs is now dwindling so i'll have to contrast inksettings between those and some generics I picked up - tomorrow.


zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:11 AM   #29
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Q-

What software is everyone using for printing dvd's?? Just wondering. I know cd-label print, but any others??

Thanks all.

Matt- I will post a reply to your post later- right now I need sleeeeeepppp.

Catcha later!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:54 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Q-

What software is everyone using for printing dvd's?? Just wondering. I know cd-label print, but any others??

Matt- I will post a reply to your post later- right now I need sleeeeeepppp.
There is "sure thing" which doesn't offer direct support for the canon, but there is a template you can use for it. There is a link to it somewhere on http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/ under alternative media / software.


zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:19 AM.