Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:08 PM   #31

I use SureThing Deluxe with my r200, I have tried a bunch of cd printing softwares. While there are things about Surething I don't like, overall it does the most. I will look into that Canon templet seeing how I just got my ip4000.
quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:57 PM   #32

Thanks, I'll try those settings out.

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
brentcollins wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke,

Where do you adjust the settings to change the color and intensity? I have the ip3000 and am using CD Label Print on Memorex 8x+R. The color is extremely washed out and I don't want to start blindly messing with settings since each disc is not cheap.
Not cheap? Well I guess they are 40c/each depending on brand or where you shop.
The sad part of it is... you gotta waste some discs to be perfect... or stick with a ballpark +12 intensity located under[*] manual color and intensity. +12 is going to look really good on most media types... except perhaps Fuji's.

My gameplan has been to make copies for friends.... many discs they get. Next will be scanning in the results and subtracting the color to get some idea what aspect is missing, and from there building a database of media types and reccomended color settings. Hopefully with enough feedback a list can be constructed.

[/*]
brentcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:17 AM   #33

Blake Asked:
Quote:
Does anyone have a source for printable media (CD's & DVD's) where the printing surface goes all the way to the center hole? The ones I have found stop at the 'Hub' , about 45mm or so in diameter. I think the center hole of CD's & DVD's is around 22mm in diameter.
I'm not sure what you mean by all the way to the center. Newegg.com is my primary resource for media Direct link to newegg printable media

If your living in america this mail order is your only resolve for hub printable media. I know for a fact the Fuji's are hub printable down to about I believe 25mm or so. I know of none that are down to 22mm

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:04 AM   #34

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
I think it's one of those issues that will just drive me nutty... it doesn't so much bug me except the fact when giving advice so many others don't share the same experence, even when someone is using the same equipment (epson tray and ip3000). If it drives me too nutty I can always take the one piece I have left and cut it.

I think.... now that I think about it... that my printer is not perfectly level. My desk is not only lame partical board but the monitor I have on it is far too heavy. Or... I know one printer faces east to west where the ip3000 faces south to north.. and there is a slight tilt in the foundation.

my supply of Memorex CD-rs is now dwindling so i'll have to contrast inksettings between those and some generics I picked up - tomorrow.

Ahaaa.... I think you may have just figured it out. But, as I said before, as soon as I get my tray I'll let you know what happens.

I have Ritek and Prodisc coming so I'll be able to give you input on those.

On another note: That 'geog' person really p*st me off! But I do feel better having had my say. I swear, some people have nothing better to do... Ya know?

Anyhoo... I don't know anything about the hub printables- obviously. But as soon as I get my tray and disks, I'll post my findings here.

Thanks Matt- for reminding peeps that this topic is here.

Chow!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:06 AM   #35

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
There is "sure thing" which doesn't offer direct support for the canon, but there is a template you can use for it. There is a link to it somewhere on http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/ under alternative media / software.

Thanks Matt! Thanks quebert!

I'll check it out!

Chow for now!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Blake Asked:
Quote:
Does anyone have a source for printable media (CD's & DVD's) where the printing surface goes all the way to the center hole? The ones I have found stop at the 'Hub' , about 45mm or so in diameter. I think the center hole of CD's & DVD's is around 22mm in diameter.

Blake,

I believe you're asking about full-face or hub printable. As Zake said, Newegg. I also posted a link for a place I managed to find:::

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

I ordered some Ritek and Prodisc from them- the Prodisc are hub printable. They also have Verbatim hub printables- $32.99 for a 50 pk if I remember correctly.

Both of these sites seem to be the best, but there is also americal and supermediastore.com

They also seem to be pretty good, although I think I'd buy there only with their sales- as they seem to have some really good ones.

Hope this helps!

Chow!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:41 AM   #37

Thanks guys! This is some great info.
Zake, man! I have been dealing with NewEgg for about a year now but didn't even think about checking with them on media.
And I've bought Memory, 2 Hard drives, my IP4000 and a few other gadgets from them too...I can be a bit dense at times
Thanks,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:42 AM   #38

zakezuke

Thanks, 25mm will do just fine, I was estimating on the size of the center hole.
I came up with that measurement from the template I made, this method works great for me:
Initially, I make a full-size scan of tne media I am using, load that into Photoshop and using Photoshop's measure tool, get exact measurements that I easily transfer to CD_Label Print.
The results are pretty much spot-on.
Blake

legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:22 AM   #39

http://supermediastore.com/

They have some very good prices on the hub printables,check out the

ones with free shipping for the best deals.

Sam's club also have hub printables if you have one close.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:14 PM   #40

here are some more links to make you a more informed purchaser:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Here is a really good thread discussion about what cd spindles to look for from fatwallet:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=446350
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote