Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:37 PM   #41

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke

Thanks, 25mm will do just fine, I was estimating on the size of the center hole.
I came up with that measurement from the template I made, this method works great for me:
Initially, I make a full-size scan of tne media I am using, load that into Photoshop and using Photoshop's measure tool, get exact measurements that I easily transfer to CD_Label Print.
The results are pretty much spot-on.
In that case, anything "hub printable" will do the trick. There seems to be 2mm of clear space for the center hole on most media. Some where on the canon website they had an index of media and dimentions of the printable area but damned if I can remember where I saw it.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 4:24 PM   #42

I use 22mm and 118mm for the diameters on the hub printable.

I think it's covered on the How-To webpage, but in CD Label Print you create a new label type. Or something like that.

Matt
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:34 PM   #43

have a question, I found a site that sells hi-gloss CD media. It's pretty expensive but I like the sound of having photo quality cd's printed. My r200 had an option when you printed for "high resolution cd media" on my i4000 I don't see anything like that. Not really intrested in wasting 80 bucks on 100 of these hi-gloss disc's only to find out I can't use them properly. Any ideas?

here's a link for the media, I've never heard of this company so I can't speak on the quality.

http://www.issidata.com/default.asp?...R&TabPos=4
quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:20 PM   #44

quebert wrote:
Quote:
have a question, I found a site that sells hi-gloss CD media. It's pretty expensive but I like the sound of having photo quality cd's printed. My r200 had an option when you printed for "high resolution cd media" on my i4000 I don't see anything like that. Not really intrested in wasting 80 bucks on 100 of these hi-gloss disc's only to find out I can't use them properly. Any ideas?
You can set the media type to anything including glossy photo paper plus... so that shouldn't be an issue. I must admit I don't know anything about the default settings for "printable disc - reccomended" and "printable disc - others".

But to be fair, i've found that you need to do at least one test disc to find decent settings.

Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:06 PM   #45

Well I spend a good part of my day off today searching for media. I ended up getting 100 disc's, some jewel cases, glossy inserts and a can of cd limaniate spray. Only set me back around 100 bucks, a shame I had to order from FOUR different places to get everything I wanted, but oh well gonna order some glossy media next week and do a compairson. I got the regular TY hug printing cd's today, supposed to have an awesome surface for printing,

Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:01 PM   #46
IPA

Here's a pretty good deal. Amazon has Verbatim 8x DVD+R hub-printable 50-pack (p/n 94812) for $19.99 A/R S/F. Just go to amazon and search for 94812.

-IPA

IPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 4:42 PM   #47

so you're saying I don't even have to select "CD" if I'm printing a cd? When I do I don't get options for what quality settings I want. I just select the tray output and regardless of if it's a 4x6 or a CD it will still print? I'm going to order a 25 spindle of the photocoat CD's, they're expensive, $40 bucks with tax + shipping. But if the quality is that much better over the matte ones, I'll spend the extra cash.

So zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
quebert wrote:
Quote:
You can set the media type to anything including glossy photo paper plus... so that shouldn't be an issue. I must admit I don't know anything about the default settings for "printable disc - reccomended" and "printable disc - others".

But to be fair, i've found that you need to do at least one test disc to find decent settings.

Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:42 PM   #48

quebert wrote:
Quote:
so you're saying I don't even have to select "CD" if I'm printing a cd? When I do I don't get options for what quality settings I want. I just select the tray output and regardless of if it's a 4x6 or a CD it will still print? I'm going to order a 25 spindle of the photocoat CD's, they're expensive, $40 bucks with tax + shipping. But if the quality is that much better over the matte ones, I'll spend the extra cash.

I just double checked and yes... I was able in CD Label Print to print to glossy paper plus, tray type B... and go into the advanced settings and make adjustments.

Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:49 PM   #49

hummm... interesting, Surething doesn't have any options aside from "low, medium, high" for print quality when I select cd for media type. I'll try installing the printing software in the guide and see if that works. I can't get surething to print even close to alligned any ways
Old Jul 16, 2005, 12:41 AM   #50

IPA-
Thanks for posting that! I'm ordering some!
Thanks again!
Kelley
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote