Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:11 AM   #51

zakezukeone last question, I downloaded and installed Cd Label Print, if I select the media type for anything besides CD, I can't print on the cd, it won't let me use the tray. I tried all the "paper output" options, nada. If I select CD I can't select media type quality. I'm confused here because you made it sound easy. I have no advance options when CD is the media type.

what am I doing wrong?

quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:09 AM   #52

quebert wrote:
Quote:
zakezukeone last question, I downloaded and installed Cd Label Print, if I select the media type for anything besides CD, I can't print on the cd, it won't let me use the tray. I tried all the "paper output" options, nada. If I select CD I can't select media type quality. I'm confused here because you made it sound easy. I have no advance options when CD is the media type.

what am I doing wrong?

Indeed it was easy... in fact I just checked on my mp760... and I was able to change the media type to glossy paper pro... hit print, asked me to insert the tray and hit ok, and everything was groovy.

However the same test on the ip3000 wasn't so easy, in fact it blinks 7 times when I try the same thing

[no problem] mp760 Status Monitor 1.80b
[probem] ip3000 1.80a

How my mp760 got version B I have no idea. I'm presently testing some theories.

edit: Well I downloaded the drivers from Japan... I'm not sure if that did the trick, but I am able to select "glossy paper" high quality without a problem This is freshly after opening "cd label print". When I select the same items a second time it asks me to "insert type b paper". "Photo paper pro" standard same prints, but a second time it asks for "tray type b paper". "photo paper plus" .

So to answer your question... the reason why I made it sound so easy is because I was in the habbit of mastering a disc image in photoshop then opening CD-label print where I in turn selected the paper type I wanted for the disc, but I never tried to print the same disc twice in a row. Based on my observations I must modify my statement that you can just select any media type for disc printing to you can select any type you want so long as you do so the first time you print from CD-label print.

If others who are in europe or asia can reproduce this behavier I would reccomend that they report this bug to canon.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:47 AM   #53

sweet, thanks for the reply. I would have never thought to install the Jap drivers, gonna go try that right now
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:00 AM   #54

quebert wrote:
Quote:
sweet, thanks for the reply. I would have never thought to install the Jap drivers, gonna go try that right now
No no no, Japan drivers, not jewish american princess drivers.... I know it took me a while to break the habbit.

I don't think that's the ticket.... I think the ticket is you can change media types when you first open cd-label print but afterwards something gets mixed up and it thinks you're trying to print cd tray b from one of the other feeds.

But you want the .jp drivers

ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/

The syntax for the files is
wxp ipX1xxx###

For example the ip4000 would be
wxpip4100180.exe Windows xp pixus 4100 (same as the pixma ip4000) version 1.80

Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:25 PM   #55

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
IPA-
Thanks for posting that! I'm ordering some!
Thanks again!
Kelley
update:
IPA-
I odered those verbatim. I had a $10.00 amazon gift certificate- so with that, the $10.00 mail in rebate and the free shipping- It's only costing me $9.99 for 50!
I just wanted to say thanks! If you hadn't posted that I would never have found that deal! Fantastic!
Thanks again!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:32 PM   #56

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Indeed it was easy... in fact I just checked on my mp760... and I was able to change the media type to glossy paper pro... hit print, asked me to insert the tray and hit ok, and everything was groovy.

However the same test on the ip3000 wasn't so easy, in fact it blinks 7 times when I try the same thing

[no problem] mp760 Status Monitor 1.80b
[probem] ip3000 1.80a

How my mp760 got version B I have no idea. I'm presently testing some theories.

edit: Well I downloaded the drivers from Japan... I'm not sure if that did the trick, but I am able to select "glossy paper" high quality without a problem This is freshly after opening "cd label print". When I select the same items a second time it asks me to "insert type b paper". "Photo paper pro" standard same prints, but a second time it asks for "tray type b paper". "photo paper plus" .

So to answer your question... the reason why I made it sound so easy is because I was in the habbit of mastering a disc image in photoshop then opening CD-label print where I in turn selected the paper type I wanted for the disc, but I never tried to print the same disc twice in a row. Based on my observations I must modify my statement that you can just select any media type for disc printing to you can select any type you want so long as you do so the first time you print from CD-label print.

If others who are in europe or asia can reproduce this behavier I would reccomend that they report this bug to canon.

Matt- Groovy??? LMBO! You are too funny! Thanks for the smile!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2005, 2:29 AM   #57

Great deal on DVD-R or +R media
8x TDK
PRINTABLE
100PK SPINDLE
BUY ONE GET ONE FREE
NO REBATES!
WHERE: COSTCO
WHEN: AUGUST 2005
---
OKAY... a little early but I have the coupon they sent me from "passport of savings"

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:35 AM   #58

ok, I have 3 different types of CD media now. I've tested them all out on the Canon, I can't quite get the alligement. On the left side, the graphics are slightly to the right, it's very noticeable when I print a full face lable. As for getting "glossy" as an option for print type, I haven't been able to. I'm still using the US drivers, might try the Asian ones later tonight.

Print speed is TONS faster then my r200, quality I think is lower, probably due to me needed to tweak a few of the print settings. The TY white hub printable disc's I got have great output. I paid a hair under $40 for 100 shipped. Looking to order the new Verbatim Silver hub printable disc's next week. In the past I've heard Silver's oops for print quality, but a few peeple have told me how awesome theses are.

I switched from Sure Thing to Illustrator to make my labels. I can come up withmuch better designs in Illustrator, but it doesn't seem as user friendly when it comes to setting up printer templets *if you even can*

anyone have the problem in Surething where the lable is slight offcenter to the right? I've wasted about 20 disc's, and it just won't ever center for me

Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:31 PM   #59

quebert wrote:
Quote:
anyone have the problem in Surething where the lable is slight offcenter to the right? I've wasted about 20 disc's, and it just won't ever center for me
Keep in mind that canons are not officaly supported in surething... this means you are dependent on the kindless some some joe who took the time to hammer something together but doesn't have the resources to properly test and refine it. I.e. unsupported solutions are a pain in the tookus.

Enclosed is the offical responce to sure thing... part of it you already know... install the template from pete site... the other part deals with adjustements being required.

Code:
To do this, go to the File menu, click on New and select a [CD Printer] 
template that you think most closely matches your own and hit Finish. 
Now go to the File menu and click on Page Setup. You will need to adjust these 
fields to your labels/printers specifications. If you are unsure what 
one of the fields correspondes to, just click the Help button.

You can also save as a template by going to the File menu and select 
Save As.  Select Template (*.stt) from the Save as type field and check the 
Place layout in category box to save in a category like CD Label.  Give the 
template a name and Save.  ---Sean Kelley Surething support
My tray is home made so assumed any tweekyness was a result of my tray being off center by 1.8mm or so left to right. I should update my faq to reflect that someone has issues with the unsupported template.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:31 AM   #60

Imagine that, I speak to 3 people who made their own trays and the surething templates work, I have a real Canon tray and nope. I'll tweak one up this weekend and share it. I think I might be having weird issues with my printer. For example does anyone's ip4000 SHOOT the tray out from time to time? Today it did it 3 times, the tray came flying out and the cd landed 4 feet away from my computer, I think that's a record