Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:55 AM   #61

quebert wrote:
Quote:
Imagine that, I speak to 3 people who made their own trays and the surething templates work, I have a real Canon tray and nope. I'll tweak one up this weekend and share it. I think I might be having weird issues with my printer. For example does anyone's ip4000 SHOOT the tray out from time to time? Today it did it 3 times, the tray came flying out and the cd landed 4 feet away from my computer, I think that's a record
In all fairness to the surething person who made this... chances are they who made the template didn't have the real tray. It would explain much. I don't have the ip4000 but the ip3000 and mp760 and well... while I don't have a faux tray shooting problem.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:40 AM   #62

Further thoughts strike me now it's days later from your post.

There was another person who was having an issue with business card sized CDs... not the hockey rink but the square ones. I've also spend far too much time looking at the tray inserting during the first phase of printing... trying to isolate my odd issues from using a non-standard tray. It seems to me that the arrows are important... i.e. aligning them. It seems that you "can" insert the tray further in than the arrows, and this kinda works in many cases, probally almost always perfectly if you have rollers. But I think this might affect the position of the side to side scan when looking for a CD. I find on mine pushing my tray in all the will will result in no cd tray being grabbed where if I inch it back to where I put faux-arrows it works perfectly almost every time. Food for thought.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 2:56 PM   #63

I made a template in Adobe Illustrator, and it prints perfect every time, I have given up on Surething. Illustrator isn't really great for a simple job, but after printing about 40 cd's and having zero issues, I'll probably stick with it.
quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:15 PM   #64

quebert wrote:
Quote:
I made a template in Adobe Illustrator, and it prints perfect every time, I have given up on Surething. Illustrator isn't really great for a simple job, but after printing about 40 cd's and having zero issues, I'll probably stick with it.
By all means share it
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:00 PM   #65

I thought about how I worded it, I'm not even sure Illustrator has templates. What I did was create a 8x10 document and kept movingthe cd label on it until it printed out perfectly. This might be a hack job in a lot of peoples eyes, but I'm more then happy to share it with anyone on here who uses Illustrator, please note I did it with the real canon cd tray not the home made one.

I'm NOT good with Illustrator yet, if there's a way to create a template HOW? it took me about 25 tries to get one for my cd jewel case inserts right

Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:07 PM   #66

I couldn't wait for the CostCo special..running low... but I will pick up some later (TDKs are pretty good)

but today I ordered some samsung at meritline.com
I bought a 100pk
white hub printable, 60 day guarantee,

http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/sam...printable.html

50.99 (50 cents each)
but this coupon works great! Makes the price 25 cents each.
Shipping is cheap and no taxes for those outside of CA.
I like DVD-R . more compatible than +R

Save 50% Now with Coupon Code MD102128P50off
Special Offer - Limited Time Only!

Highest Compatibility with All DVD Burners
Highest Compatibility with All DVD Players
Guaranteed Maximum Burning Speed with All DVD Burners

AND NO, I don't work for meritline ;-)
nor do I profit for sharing this info!

Attached Images

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:51 AM   #67

great price, but for anyone looking they're not hub printable, they have the hub manafacturing stamp, like the Memorex you buy at Best Buy. But, for the price they are a wonderful buy.

Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:34 AM   #68

Yeah, now I know why they are a great price... they are 1x EVEN THOUGH they advertise otherwise.. gh.. these are going back!
53 min for a dvd burn.. I don't think so.

And Yes, hub printable but the hub is HUGE.. the inner hub has the name brand SAMSUNG 1x right on it.. back to vendor on monday!

I think I will try the ProDisc (Azo dye, hub printable 8x) DVD-R

100 Pack ProDisc 8X DVD-R Blank Media 4.7GB White Inkjet Hub Printable DVDR Discs,
00 Pack Save 16% Now With Coupon Code MD10227955off
Sale Price: $26.50
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:54 AM   #69

Hi Everyone;

Kind of just "paying it forward".

Here is some media at Newegg that appears to be well rated and at a great price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817131259

Just ordered the CD tray from PartsNow.com and that and these should arrive

at almost the same time for printing on the new Pixma 4000.
zeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 2:16 AM   #70

by the way Tvuong, thanks for the CD tray. It arrived this afternoon, and I just printed a disc to test it just now. Works great. (Too bad the CDRW I used wasn't really a printable one, the ink just kinda beaded up on the surface.) But I've got a stack of printable DVDs ready to go...
highlandsun is offline   Reply With Quote