Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 8, 2005, 1:15 PM   #71

Where canI get DVD R+ Dual Layer White Inkjet HUB Printable Disks and at a good price
BMW98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:41 PM   #72

BMW98 wrote:
Quote:
Where canI get DVD R+ Dual Layer White Inkjet HUB Printable Disks and at a good price
I just bought some Verbatim white inkjet printable +R DL disks from Newegg.com. They are not hub-printable though, and "good price" is a matter of opinion. A 20-pack was $110 (or $5.50 each) plus shipping, which I considered a "good price". They have Ritek DL printables too, and they are cheaper (around $4 each), but I don't think they're hub-printable either. In my opinion, the Verbatims are worth paying extra for, so I got those. I don't think there are any hub-printables out there yet at any price.
Mawdryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 4:12 PM   #73

Hi all. Am back- for now. Life with a teenager is he**, let me tell ya.

Anyhoo- I've had my tray and disks.... for a bit now and am finally printing- well, attempting too.
Setting everything up went without a hitch! Very easy- so thanks all!

Ok- new prob. 1- I cannot figure out how to setup cd label print to get it to print to hub. HELP!
2- Am having a really hard time with alignment. Any hints or suggestions anyone??

I have to say I LOVE MY CANON!!! I cannot get over how quiet and fast this is compared to my old epson. This thing really spits out documents FAST. My old epson I can go fix a cup of coffee while printing- yes, it may be old and slow, but it's still a pretty good printer... Now I'm just hooked on my canon tho. Just love it. I'll be thrilled when I finally actually print my first disk tho. Am cutting full sheets with an exacto knife using one of those clear disks that come with the dvds as a templete, then sticking the home made 'label' on another of the clear disks to test print. When I get to staples I think I'll invest in some regular old disk labels, but for now this seems to work. I just can't get the alignment right no matter how much I play around with it. And I can't figure out how to get it to print to hub. I've gone thru the manual and still can't figure it out.
Also, one thing that looked like it might be useful- well, I don't seem to have it/ be able to locate it within the program. It's under print options dialog. I have the 'Dark', 'Light' options, etc. but I do not see 'Label Outline', 'Cutout Line' or 'Fold Line'.
Anyone else have this problem?? Or am I missing something that is probably staring me right in the face??
I'll keep playing around with settings and such and will check back in later.
I hope someone can help- I'm getting a bit frustrated- which is probably because my teen has me so dam stressed. But I'm NOT having any fun right now.
So any help will get you a huge cyber hug and friendship forever!
Alrighty, chow for now.
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 4:40 PM   #74

Zake-
Just wanted to let you know that the printer sucks the tray in on its own. I don't have to push it or anything. So I think you may have been right when you said something about it not setting even or something.
Anyhoo- just wanted to let you know I have no problems with the tray being pulled in by the printer.
Chow!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 4:47 PM   #75

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Also, one thing that looked like it might be useful- well, I don't seem to have it/ be able to locate it within the program. It's under print options dialog. I have the 'Dark', 'Light' options, etc. but I do not see 'Label Outline', 'Cutout Line' or 'Fold Line'.
Anyone else have this problem?? Or am I missing something that is probably staring me right in the face??
I figured this part out. Guess my frustration was blinding me. Either that or I reall REALLY need a vacation- more than I thought I did.
Still working on printing to hub.
If I figure it out I'll post. Don't want anyone having to explain something for no reason.

Feeling a little bit better that I actually figured somethjing out!
Chow!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 4:51 PM   #76

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
I just can't get the alignment right no matter how much I play around with it. And I can't figure out how to get it to print to hub. I've gone thru the manual and still can't figure it out.
GOT IT! YEEESSSSS!!!!
I did user defined. Saw someone post in the other topic and I gave it a shot.
Now- let me see how the printing goes!!

Am feeling better even that much more....
Will post my results.
Chow!
Old Aug 13, 2005, 5:07 PM   #77

Jersey_Girl wrote:

Quote:
Ok- new prob. 1- I cannot figure out how to setup cd label print to get it to print to hub. HELP!
By default IIRC CDlabel print does not print to the hub. You have to make a new paper type. Under [file] "select paper type". While the disc option is highlighted select "new". You can set the value as small as 17mm and as wide as 118mm. For each type of disc you create you can adjust it in the program it self +/-10mm with no option to go beyond 118mm or smaller than 17mm. I've not noticed 118mm being an issue as the printable area, the white bit, tends to be samller than the disc size of 120mm. The center hole on the other hand i've not noticed any media type that is smaller than 17mm.

Quote:
2- Am having a really hard time with alignment. Any hints or suggestions anyone??
Not sure if here you are refering to the disc alignment or later on you are talking about label alignment. I don't print covers in CD-label print.. I am happy with the software in "nero burning rom". It gives you hash marks for the outer area of the label you can cut with a chopper.

http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/7.html

The printer has onboard disk alignment, as in it will print cross hairs and X and a Y, where the cross hairs are about 5.5mm from the outer edge of the disc. I wrote that page before I had any idea what the measurement should be... it's it's a matter of measuring the difference of the distance between the cross hairs, divide by two, and you get the correction value, or at least a ballpark value as it's hard to measure sub mm with a regular ruler... but I imagine someone with patience could adjust .5mm more and see if it's more or less adjusted, than .3mm then .1mm.

I think also you are worried about wasting discs because of their moderatly high cost. I've been bleaching some test discs out after printed, and let dry in the sun. Seemed to work well enough when my epson was messing up and dumping ink everywhere.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:17 AM   #78

woohoo!! Costco Rocks!

I got my 8x TDK printables.
$48.00 ( includes tax) out the door for QTY = 200

Inner diameter is =37 mm

but fast quality media .. cheap. err GREAT deal!
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:04 AM   #79

IS it quality? Could you run it through cdrinfo (or is that dvdrinfo now?). I've heard that larger packs often don't use the same quality of disc as smaller packs.
What's the manufaturer ID or code or whatever it's called?
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:31 PM   #80

costco disks:

DVD-R Confirmed: TTG02 (1st rate media)

DVD+R Confirmed CMCxxx (3rd rate media)
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote