Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 17, 2005, 6:04 PM   #81

weapon wrote:
Quote:
costco disks:

DVD-R Confirmed: TTG02 (1st rate media)

DVD+R Confirmed CMCxxx (3rd rate media)
How very odd... i'd have to double check what i'm using... but I own two lighton 812@832 drives. The beige one doesn't like the TDK-R at costco but the black one does. Don't ask me why, it just does. But the +R worth in both.

But... i've seen a higher return rate for the +R than the -R. As in whole batches with gashes on every disk. I'm not shocked that the +R can be described as 3rd rate, I am surprised that the -R described as first rate.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 6:11 PM   #82

FYI:
By "first rate" he's referring to something along these lines:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

It should be noted that not everything on that page is "a given"... I got some 2-for-1 50 packs of Maxells a while back and they were not from the same manufacturer as the same discs that are sold in 5 packs and are listed on that page. (Some weird 3rd rate discs that couldn't be burned at 4x in one of my burners.)
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:00 AM   #83

I get pretty good burns.
at 8x almost all the time.
so ~< 15 minutes for a DVD burn.

The print quality is good too.

As for -R + R debate
-R is more compatabile.

The price is right.. <25 Cents per DVD-R

way better than average results for me.. I am satisfied so far.. though the large hub just takes a while to get used to.. but having printable DVDs and an original Pixma CD tray is REALLY COOL!

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:07 PM   #84

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
I get pretty good burns.
at 8x almost all the time.
so ~< 15 minutes for a DVD burn.

The print quality is good too.

As for -R + R debate
-R is more compatabile.

The price is right.. <25 Cents per DVD-R

I agree with you on -R being generally more compatable. I only buy +R if i'm burning for a deck that likes +R only. Others who bought into DVDR early might have +R only burners such as ones from compaq and HP. Or in the oddball case of costco TDK the +R burns with ease on both my burners where the -R seems to only burn and read for that matter in one of my burners, which is odd as they are identical make, model, and rom version.

The TDK +R and -R for that mater on my drive burn on average 6.1X.

Old Sep 13, 2005, 6:27 AM   #85

I have full-printable disks (with inner ring diameter of 26 mm) and Canon Pixma IP4000 printer.

Using Canon's own CD label print software (CD-LabelPrint) provides a way to define new CD label types including outer and inner print boundery size specification. It works fine.

However, this software is rather simple, and I would like to use alternative software (such as PSP or CorelDraw). No problem while normal printing: once I made a template where I calibrated where to place the label image, and it goes well as long as the standard inner ring diameter (42 mm) is sufficient. Sadly, I couldn't reduce this, so all my printouts has a wide, white, unprinted area in the center.

I've dug the driver interface, even the registry, but was unable to find how to set this printing parameter.

Because the original software works fine with this, I am sure, the printer itself could handle it.

Does anyone know how to configure the driver to support this? Creating new paper type? Even poking in registry would be a welcomed way. [img]images/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanx for any the help!

balage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:09 AM   #86
Administrator

A reminder to anyone that has parts available for these printers.

For Sale Posts are Not Allowed.

If you run your mouse cursor over the "Discussion Forums" menu choice on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com, you'll see this rule:

Quote:

Public Discussion Forums

You'll find a multitude of friendly folks here to help you. We have forums for every popular camera maker, general Q&A forums and forums where you can post your favorite photos.

We only ask that you do not post any wanted, for sale or commercial type advertisements.
These rules were also in the confirmation e-mail you received when joining the forums.

I can appreciate the effort many of you have put into this issue. But, it's not fair to forum members we've enforced this rule with to allow the for sale posts to stay.

It's far too hard to police, since we'd have scammers posting, commercial entities posing as individuals, etc.

So, we do not allowfor saleposts in the forums. Period.

Jim C.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:16 AM   #87

I had bad luck with some media recently, thought i'd find this thread and share.

The issue was with these guys. Compusa #334360 52x 50 pack CD-R. I bought these in a pinch along with some Verbatium Silver CD-R... just in case silvers worked poorly. The first disc from this pack shattered inside my DVD burner rendering it useless. Even if that wasn't an issue the media peeles off the disc with ease. These are not reccomended for anything above and beyond testing CD-printing.