Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:03 AM   #1

Ok... Hi guys! Don't know if I did this right tho... Guess we'll find out huh?
If I did it wrong- hey, I'm a newb so be nice! lol
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:16 AM   #2

YES! lol... Gues I did it right after all! :lol:
Ok.. Now, I found a deal on Verbatim DVD +r 16X 50 pk White, DataLifePlus, hub printable...
$38.00 us - 10% off (3 day sale) = $34.20 + $7.32 Shipping = $ 41.52 - $13.00 mail in rebate = Grand Tl of $28.52 us.
Nooooowwww.... Are Verbatim's good? I've seen these on onter sites for 1.02 each, etc. So, price wise I guess this is good.... But there's so MANY brands! BenQ?? Some chinese sounding brand- sounds like a chinese girls name to me--- Hey! Don't laugh! :blah: I'm the new guy- er, girl here! Anyhoo- there are so many, I'd like to know who has used what and how you liked the finished product.
Dito for paper and inks.
Okie.... I'm really really late on getting my beauty sleep :sleep:so I'm really off to bed now.
Nite all & Chat soon!

Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:07 AM   #3

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
YES! lol... Gues I did it right after all! :lol:
Ok.. Now, I found a deal on Verbatim DVD +r 16X 50 pk White, DataLifePlus, hub printable...
$38.00 us - 10% off (3 day sale) = $34.20 + $7.32 Shipping = $ 41.52 - $13.00 mail in rebate = Grand Tl of $28.52 us.
Nooooowwww.... Are Verbatim's good? I've seen these on onter sites for 1.02 each, etc. So, price wise I guess this is good.... But there's so MANY brands! BenQ?? Some chinese sounding brand- sounds like a chinese girls name to me--- Hey! Don't laugh!
You did good, a heck of alot more thoughful than my self Moving threads when the topic drifts.

I haven't tried the +R 16X +rs but Verbatim is one of those brands you can blindly trust. $50 is a fair price,. I seem to remember Office Depot carried these but wanted over $1.00 each.

I go -r my self, but i've observed that's personal choice, what plays in your DVD player... unless you have cheepo sub $50 then it doesn't matter they play anything.

The last Verbatium Datalife +R I bought were 2x... so very old.
MCC 00RG200 Also were sold under the TDK/Pioneier/Pengo label

A froogle person would use nero or an other disc tool and ID the desk and establish it's invidual code, and go on the web and find out what other names it's sold under. For example click here and see that the media code is shared with Memorex

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:27 AM   #4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817150148

FUJI 4.7GB 8X DVD-R Printable 50 Pack Cake Box Disc - Retail

$28.50
$4.00 shipping

No rebates :-)
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:28 AM   #5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817131260

SAMSUNG 4.7GB 8X DVD+R Printable 50 Pack Cake Box DVD Media - Retail

$19.99
$4.00 shipping

Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:30 AM   #6

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2Br&page=1

The whole list at newegg.com
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:23 PM   #7

I finally was able to print my first DVD last night, yeah! I would also like to be able to print dvd case jackets and was wondering what type of paper people use for that. I found tons of dvd and cover graphics @ http://www.cdcovers.cc. Where else should I look for images?

BTW, I have an ip3000.
brentcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 2:35 PM   #8

brentcollins wrote:
Quote:
I finally was able to print my first DVD last night, yeah! I would also like to be able to print dvd case jackets and was wondering what type of paper people use for that. I found tons of dvd and cover graphics @ http://www.cdcovers.cc. Where else should I look for images?

BTW, I have an ip3000.
I mostly go Double Jewel my self for DVDs. Takes up less space uses less ink. To this end the heavier papers are my bag, esp since I do a slit to get that lovely edge for the rear of the disc. I must admit DVD covers are easier to cut.

Other than warsaw index paper (uncoated)
Kirkland photo paper 69lb is nice and cheap but i'm thinking matte would be a better option.
Same with the "epson photo paper" but costco no longer carries this.
On those quad jewels that have no place inside for an inlay I use the hammermill "indoor sign label"

Quote:
FUJI 4.7GB 8X DVD-R Printable 50 Pack Cake Box Disc - Retail

Got those. I don't know if others would agree with me but I find that these discs require a +15 intensity or otherwise look too light.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:35 PM   #9

Hi all... Thanks Zake! :-)

Ok... Q- 8X vs 16X?? Thoughts anyone?

Samsung... anyone use those?

And are these full face- print to hub? Sorry, I haven't had a chance to check it out- guess I should rather than having others do my work for me. :shock:But it's early here- little one is up and going.... and going...... you get my drift! :-)

I read some reviews... I think on prodisk?? and from the reviews, they used to be great about a year ago, but now they aren't so good... more coasters than should be. But I'm not 100% it was the prodisk- I'll have to go into my history and try and track it down. Also in some reviews, Ri--- whatever they are (sorry! this is all new to me so please be patient!) quite a few peps weren't real happy with them... again I'll have to search my history n go back to it to dbl check. Same with Fuji... Not a lot of peps are real happy with them for one reason or another. As far as the cheapos--

I had a real bad exp a while back with cdrs... 100 pk spool and all ended up coasters except for maybe 30. Yea, bad, bad burn there. So I'm real cautious about cheapos disks- be it cdrs or dvdrs... but hey, if anyone has had good luck/output with a certain brand on a certain burner- please, please post it. I have a sony burner- love it! Newegg is wonderful... all great exp's.

Now, paper.... :?This can really be overwhelming for a newbie! LOL My epson stylus 400 (never had a prob with this baby either) I used any old paper- best results for just regular printing was/is the Georgia-Pacific. But that's with the Epson.

Ip3000.... What papers do you all use- and for what specific printing?? Obviously photo paper is not used for every day use. So what paper is best? Photo paper- same, what's everyone experience with the dif brands- what do you use it for- cover are? Obviously photos.... but dif types prob work better for dif printing I'm thinking. So, if you're willing and able- post the dif disks you've used, whether they were full face or not, 8X-16X- what not, what your results were like, what printer you've used em with, etc... And the same with the papers... That way we can sort of have a ref database which will help everyone I think.

Okie.... I'm off and running! Will check back later!

Be Good all!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:46 PM   #10

brentcollins wrote:
Quote:

BTW, I have an ip3000.

Go Brent! Don't kno bout other sites- I use cdcovers, I'd have to search it... I also use the dbl full size dvd cases- but I'll be investing in some single full size as well- which I'll prob get off ebay. Can ya'll tell I'm an ebay junkie?? LOL I don't have my ip3000 yet (It shipped today UPS- I CANNOT wait!!!! ) so I can't speak on the paper but will be looking to see what people say.

Later Gator....