Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 6, 2003, 8:04 PM   #1

Default Printing experts please help.

I have question for all the printing experts out there. I do some editing of my prints (from Dimage7) in Photoshop and resample the picture to 300dpi for printing purposes. I can't do borderless printing in Photoshop, even if I could it does not easily let me batch printing etc... I have been using EPSON's Photoquicker to make my prints but I have to save them as jpeg from photoshop before I can see in them in PhotoQuicker. Now the question is am I losing quality when I save them as jpeg. Would I be better off saving them as TIFF, PhotoQuicker will recognize TIff files. Help folks, trying to get the best quality and trying to streamline some processes.
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2003, 3:01 PM   #2

Tiff is an incredible format for color and if the software accepts it I would use it. The only downside to tiff is that it takes up a lot of space but if quality is your motto then I say go for it.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 7:56 PM   #3

When we had hard drives that were 1GB file size was very critical. My new computer came with a 40GB hard drive. File size is not all that critical anymore. As Gregory stated if you have the room go for TIFF.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 9:12 PM   #4

1. A follow up question i guess, do I lose any quality by saving a 300dpi image from photoshop into TIFF/JPEG and then using the EPSON PhotoQuicker or would I getter better results by printing direct from photoshop.

2. If I do lose some quality when I save to TIFF/JPEG, the question is do I lose more if I use EPSON photquicker? ie if the same TIFF/JPEG was loaded into PHOTOSHOP & EPSON PhotoQuicker, would one print better?

SOrry If I am confusing anyone.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2003, 5:39 AM   #5

Well I do know that each time you edit and save a jpeg file you lose quality. But as far as tiffs go I've never noticed any loss in quality.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2003, 7:11 AM   #6

I concurr with Gregory, I have never seen quality loss in saving tiff images.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2003, 7:21 AM   #7

Thanks for the help guys...I will print in TIFF format from now on using EPSON PhotoQuicker.

Thanks
Jazz
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:35 AM   #8

Hello folks another question for you, related to the above. When I print something straight from photoshop it prints fine, however if I save it as TIFF or JPEG from photoshop and print from EPSON Photoquicker the pictures come out a little reddish/darker. How do I prevent this effect when I save from photoshop to a TIFF format?

Thanks Guys
Jazz
Old Jan 17, 2003, 7:31 AM   #9

Any ideas folks?