Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:45 AM   #1

http://damnprinter.com

or

http://damnprinter.tk

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:52 AM   #2

zakezukesaid that he will be putting up his own site at: pixma-faq.cjb.net/the more the merrier.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:55 AM   #3

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
pixma.cjb.net is the address.

Thanks to everyone who helped make it possible.

zakezukesaid that he will be putting up his own site at: pixma-faq.cjb.net/the more the merrier.

I still have some finishing touches to do, but the info is there. I linked to yours from the index cause you did a decent job of parcing out my very verberse version.

The most useful addition is alignment, though limited to using Canon's CD print. Been meaning to write something up on that for a while now.

MP750/760/780 steps could use some refinement.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:24 PM   #4

I got my ip4000 from Newegg today, I have been messing with it for over an hour. Your directions are very basic. I CANNOT get the printer to be set for cd printing though. When I print the test page, it comes out with ip4000 in black, with no (LPT) next to it. I've tried changing the step where you press resume 5 times, from 1-4, when no matter what when I print the test page it comes out with ip4000 still in black.

I have no idea why this is giving me such a problem, to make sure I wasn't just missing a simple step in the process, I've done it about 25 times, if not more. I'm going to go back and keep messing with it. But if anyone has a suggestion what my stupid butt is forgetting let me know.

like I said I followed the directions step by step, 2+ dozen times. nada. Where can I find out what the other colors for "ip4000" on the test print mean?

thanks
quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:40 PM   #5

quebert wrote:
Quote:
like I said I followed the directions step by step, 2+ dozen times. nada. Where can I find out what the other colors for "ip4000" on the test print mean?
I'm only aware of pink (letter and cd-r support) and blue (letter and no cd-r support).

I just did a test print from mine and whether I press the resume key once (page with CDR SENSOR=OK) or twice (HDEEEPROM info) I get the first line of text on either one as ip3000 in pink.

I'm not aware of a black possibility. Are you sure you have your color carts in the correct slots?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:48 PM   #6

actually I looked at all the printouts, the first was in cyan, I did something and it's black now, dunno what I screwed up
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:26 PM   #7
rss

Yes, I got the black vice the correct colour when I was setting up my IP5000. I found that if I had followed the directions a little more carefully I would have gotten it correct. It ended up being that I had to hit the resume buttom 5 times before I selected the one that I needed which was also 5 times hitting the resume button. I only did one 5 clicks of the resume button and that gave me the Black vice the correct color.
rss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:22 AM   #8

If it's not the wrong color... which is still important to check... I imagine it's possible the printer could be set to japan (ip4100), but off hand I don't know which color it is. In fact, I don't think anyone has taken the time to do a print out in each mode to establish the color.

Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:45 AM   #9

rss wrote:
Quote:
Yes, I got the black vice the correct colour when I was setting up my IP5000. I found that if I had followed the directions a little more carefully I would have gotten it correct. It ended up being that I had to hit the resume buttom 5 times before I selected the one that I needed which was also 5 times hitting the resume button. I only did one 5 clicks of the resume button and that gave me the Black vice the correct color.

I don't feel as stupid now, I did the same thing. I wasn't paying attention to having to do the resume 5 times, back to back. Oh well I got it now, and got my cd tray off ebay coming in the mail. woo hoo.