Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:06 PM   #11

Hi Steve,

I get wonderful B&W photo results when using my S9000 with W2K Pro and Server. I don't have XP however, I agree it very well could be that the driver support in Win9x is not as well developed.

Ultimately, I'd like to get a Mac within the next few months, we'll see when my new business takes off :!:
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 8:07 PM   #12

Hi Steve,

I get wonderful B&W photo results when using my S9000 with W2K Pro and Server. I don't have XP however, I agree it very well could be that the driver support in Win9x is not as well developed.

Ultimately, I'd like to get a Mac within the next few months, we'll see when my new business takes off :!:
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2003, 2:29 AM   #13

Steve, are you talking about printing b&w photos or color photos as well, because I'm running Win98SE and my color pics from the Canon S820 are 'black' where they should be black... and I just printed a 4x6 that I made b&w in Microsoft's 'Picture It'...absolutely 'black' and white on the printed pic, no blue's or green's...maybe your photo altering software is where you got the unwanted colors, because as I said, I'm seeing none of that color caste...Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 5:57 PM   #14

The black comes in the method of perception if the all the colors around the black are brighter it will come out to viewing like black but if compared side by side with something that is true black you will see the blue or green tint. That is at least in part my experience with the canon. Maybe they have updated the drivers or changed the ink without telling anyone since I last did a test.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote