Default Canon i950 review

A Canon i950 review is starting at:
www.photo-i.co.uk
He has only opened the box so far!

Chris
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2003, 8:20 PM   #2

:evil: Typical!, I got another email from Canon UK on the 3rd telling me they still weren't going to be selling the i850 in the UK even though it was now available in the rest of Europe, I then go out and buy an i550 instead, now I read the i850 AND the i950 are being released in the UK on 1st Feb!, and the date of the official Canon UK press release ...... 3rd Jan :evil:

Still nothing on the Canon UK web site about it though, but then again the press release section for bubblejets hasn't had ANY new news on it since Sept. 2002!.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2003, 2:08 AM   #3

Does it come with photo optimised black yet.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 3:53 AM   #4

The i950 uses the same BCI-6Bk black cartridge as the s8xx/9xxx.
Chris R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 2:10 PM   #5

That bites. I want a canon that can print black and whites. So far everything is blue or green on the dark shaded areas with the canons I have tested its almost like a bronzing effect.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 2:32 PM   #6

interesting that I just read the reviews there and the epson 925 which is practically a year old came out really close to beating the 950 in details but on a bright side it toasted the 900.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 3:38 AM   #7

Hi Gregerson, I know we've had this conversation before, and I know I'm a rank amateur compared to you, but I know what works for me. I'm more than happy with my original HP Photosmart printer, it still produces the best finished product, to my eyes, albeit, rather s-l-o-w-l-y! I've sent back 2 Epson's in the past 2 years, too many driver adjustments and a 'magenta' caste that I couldn't get rid of..I just purchased the Canon S820, and to my eyes, the blacks are black and the white's are white, it is super fast and you don't have to tweak the driver controls very much to get a great print.
Blessings, Johnny...
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 8:03 AM   #8

I had 2 Epsons (895 C) and a lot of problems, clogging and so
on, my son gave me he's old Hp 970 Cxi, and it works very fine,
no clogs, and very fine photo prints, not better but still fine.
Now i looking for the new Canon i950, maybe that is something ?
Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2003, 1:34 PM   #9

I appreciate Gregerson's knowledge but, I just printed my first 2 black and white photos, one at 5"x7" and one at 8"x10" using my Canon S9000...it doesn't look blue or green in the dark areas what-so-ever. It looks just like a B&W photo should

I used Canon Pro - 8"x10" AND Epson Premium Glossy Paper - 5"x7".

I'm not knocking anyone, reviews and hearsay are all good but, sometimes seeing the results in person gives you far more information about the product.
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2003, 2:41 PM   #10
Administrator

When I reviewed the S9000 and S900 printers I was using Windows 98 SE and I had problems printing B&W. Even if I had the "Grayscale printing" option in the driver checked it still printed using blue and green ink in my prints as well as black. I was sure this was wrong but no matter what I did with the settings, even using pure grayscale images, it would blue or green tint my B&W prints.

I am now using Windows XP Pro and my S9000 now prints gorgeous B&W prints using only black ink - no more blue or green tints whatsoever. I can only conlcude that there is a problem with the Win98 drivers as I have changed nothing else here.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote