Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:57 PM   #1

What kind of printer do I need to print 24x30 size. Also does anyone know what I need to do to print 5x5 size. Thanks in advance
cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 2:58 PM   #2

cuthien

You have a few options, mainly Canon and Epson.

Canon:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...;modelid=11264

Epson:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/W...ormat+Printers

If your just making this size for a few prints, or customers, you might want to check out some of the online print places, Costco, or call some local print places to try first. I am not sure if your starting up a business or just for home, just throwing some options at you.

For the 5x5 size, you more than likely will have to cut sheets to work. I have not seen that size for sale. Many make a 5x7, you could use this size and then trim off the extra. Or put two images on an 8.5x11 sheet and trim them out.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Speedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:02 PM   #3
Administrator

At 24x30 you are clearly in the commercial printer market. Enthusiast photo printers only cover up to 13x19 or maybe a 15" carriage width.

Check out the commercial high-end Designjet printers by H-P but be prepared for "sticker shock" - these aren't cheap printers and the cost per print cost is pretty hefty too considering the ink and paper costs for media that size.

If you're not planning on going into the printing business then I would suggest that you "farm out" you 24x30 print jobs to an outfit that does it. Most of us with the smaller 13x19 printers end up using them more for 4x6 or 8x10 size prints and that's a waste!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:33 PM   #4

Thank you Bill and Steve for your inputs. The reason that I am asking for 24x30 printer is because I am getting married and most pro shop charge so much for 24x30 hence I am thinking about printing the pictures myself (and to impress my wife to be :-). I did a quick search for the 24x30 printers and they sure cost a lot of money. I will just settle with 8x10 for now. By the way I am using canvas papers with canon i960 and result are stunning. Thanks again for the inputs.
cuthien is offline   Reply With Quote