Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:26 PM   #1

:?I traded out my desktop HP photo printer because the pictures were not waterproof or smudgeproof. I got an Epson RX600 and the pictures are great. You can set an ice cube on the print for 30 minutes without the ink running or the paperwarping. But I want a portable printer...I like the size of the HP 375 better than the Epson Picturemate, but if I am going to have the same picture problems with smudging etc, then I would need to go with the Picturemate even though it is larger than I would like. I have read the reviews on this site but it doesn't mention anything about picture longevity. Does anyone have experience with the HP 375? Or any experience with the Epson Picturemate. Thanks in advance for any information.

Barbara
wffaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2

From my experience, the pictures from the HP 375 are not waterproof. In fact, it appears as though all pics printed with HP printers/inks with HP paper are not waterproof/smudgeproof. I've seen pics printed on their "high end" photo desktop printers such as the 8150 and all the way down to their "low end" printer such as the 3740 they are not waterproof. You have to avoid the HP brand name all together if you want waterproof prints.
kdt82002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3

kdt82002 wrote:
Quote:
You have to avoid the HP brand name all together if you want waterproof prints.
..andCanon and Lexmark and Epson up to a point - in fact avoid all dye-baised inkjet printers if you want truely waterproof prints.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:23 PM   #4

Thanks for the info!!:-)

Barbara
wffaddict is offline   Reply With Quote