Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:39 PM   #21

Check out on ebay item

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIS-for-Epson-22...QQcmdZViewItem

I got mine at their web site.
CK.SanFrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:08 AM   #22

Hello there I had a few questions about the system. It seems pretty expensive. There is not alot of information on how your system works. Is the system gravity fed or is it fed by an electric pump?

Does this system come prefilled or do you have to fill it? Did it include ink with this purchase?

KM
kieranmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 4:27 AM   #23

kieranmullen wrote:
Quote:
Hello there I had a few questions about the system. It seems pretty expensive. There is not alot of information on how your system works. Is the system gravity fed or is it fed by an electric pump?
Whoa... I very much doubt that any of the CIS units for a printer that you'd use at home would comes with any kind of electrical pump, there's really no need for any sort of pressure system like you'd find in a factory..

As to what's available, I'd look around and see what's available and what's recommended or had independent reviews... You've already said that you're a bit wary of spending a large chunk of money on something that you may not find works so look for a product and more importantly a company that will provide good support, quality ink and a reliable product...

Pretty much apply the usual common sense you would to buying a car, etc...
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:50 AM   #24

This system has no eletric pump. The suction from the cartridge feeds the ink. The package comes with a 4 oz ink set, an extra set of cartridges, a bottle of cleaning fluid and a syringe set. Of course, the ink system for the R1800.

Isawempty systems sold at $250. I am gettingthe ink set with my system plus all the extras. Itis a good deal for me.

The system is not prefilled. I used the instructional videos on the web site and the installation is pretty easy.

I just finished printing wedding photos for my firend. He is eally happy. I can see a bit of scratches on the paper. That is probably because of the printer needs adjustment for the paper not to touch the paper feed.

I have made 100 plus A4 photos already. I still have plenty of ink.

CK.SanFrancisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 7:17 AM   #25

I purchased a CIS system on ebay which was prefilled and contained 100 ML of ink (normal carts only have 14 ml) for $70 or so. I am happy with the prints.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:17 AM   #26

kieranmullen wrote:
Quote:
I purchased a CIS system on ebay which was prefilled and contained 100 ML of ink (normal carts only have 14 ml) for $70 or so. I am happy with the prints.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT
Kieran,

I'm confused... You ask a number of questions about a CIS kit then you go and repeat part of a post you posted earlier in the same thread saying you've got a CIS as if your earlier post with the questions never existed...

That aside, I'd be curious to know how long you've had your kit and how much use it's had (refilled yet?, number of prints, etc..) and any problems you came across.. As you've probably guessed I'm no fan of the eBay system but I'd be curious on just how well they work over time and what sorts of troubleshooting is required to keep them going..
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:09 PM   #27

The engrish on the box should explain the quality process involved. I just bought 1200 4x6 paper off of ebay (after finding it cheaper at costco) so Iwill keep you posted. I have been impressed thus far. (except for the packaging and instructions)

A major supplier of these CIS systems is found in the uk. I cant remember it but I suppose you could google for it too if oyu are interested.

KM
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:27 PM   #28

kieranmullen wrote:
Quote:
The engrish on the box should explain the quality process involved. I just bought 1200 4x6 paper off of ebay (after finding it cheaper at costco) so Iwill keep you posted. I have been impressed thus far. (except for the packaging and instructions)
I'll be interested to see how things pan out over the long term...
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:09 PM   #29

Quote:
No, I wasn't talking specifically about the JLW Sales unit [...] It installed fairly easily, started printing with no more bother than the OEM carts, but failed in a couple of months -- the cyan cartridge suddenly stopped printing and I couldn't get it back. Other users have had exactly the same problem, usually with the cyan. When removed the cartridges also proved to have shoddy 'O' rings in the outlet ports and completely unbaffled tanks allowing the ink to surge far too much [...].
Say, I just caught this note about problems with Cyan printing, which may have relevance to my own situation.

I'm using spongeless refillable carts with auto-reset chips in my R300 and recently the Cyan ink feed is terrible. Multiple cleaning cycles don't help, and I don't think it has anything to do with clogs (I'll often get a perfect nozzle check but can't maintain any Cyan ink feed.). The Cyan ink level doesn't change as much as the other colors, which seem to print fine. All in all it looks like the Cyan just isn't flowing.

I've been thinking "air bubbles" but have no way to really detect this. If it were a surging problem I'd think the other colors would exhibit it too (same cartridge design).

Is there any way to debug and maybe fix the shoddy O rings?

Thanks!

MarkAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 4:43 PM   #30

My system worked ALOT better after removing the caps off the bottles so air could get in. I am sure you have tried taking off the caps, but I was wondering could you remove all of the caps on the bottle to give it more air?

km