Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:31 AM   #31

I switched to Continuous ink supplies for my Epson R300, my Epson 1280 and my canon ip6000 and after initial install, have not had any problems with them. I fell in love with them so much that I started to sell them myself.

Let me just say this.

1.) stay away from anything with sponged cartridges.

2.) when using Epson printers, install the SSL service utility and freeze your head shot and pages printed counters that are installed inside the printer. These are early termination devices that built into the printer by Epson to Kill it before it is actually dead.

3.) Prices are a rip off. I check my prices against other sellers, where I am selling for $100Cdn and I see people selling the same units for 200-300 dollars or Euros. I look at the packaging, they are from the same manufacturor as mine. People are still being taken.

cdninkjetsupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:38 AM   #32

yes, the easiest way to fix this that I have found is as follows.

Take a small (10cc) syringe without a tip on it. Remove the fill plug and the air filter from the reservoir. Partially fill the syringe with whatever colour ink is not working from the reservoir and leave the fill plug and theairfilter out of the reservoir.

Gently, fit the end of the syringe into the bottom of the cartridge and flush the ink (and any air) back through the cartridge and out into the reservoir. put the cartridge back in the printer and let the printer do it's initial charge.

on the maintenance page of http://canadianinkjetsupply.com, download a purge pattern for whatever colour you are having problems with and print it out. What these pages are designed to do is to blow a buch of ink through your heads -hopefully, dislodging any blockages.

cdninkjetsupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:13 PM   #33

cdninkjetsupply wrote:
Quote:
1.) stay away from anything with sponged cartridges.
I wouldn't recommend that route for anyone using Canon printers.. Only reason I mention it is that the sponge is vital in stopping the ink just pour out of the canon units.

.. other than that the only real problem with the sponge units is that they tend to suffer from foam build up and the algae issue although the algae issue is faced by all cartridge types. Dependant on the cartridge though, spongeless cartridges may be somewhat easier to flush.. but no guarantee of that.

Quote:
2.) when using Epson printers, install the SSL service utility and freeze your head shot and pages printed counters that are installed inside the printer. These are early termination devices that built into the printer by Epson to Kill it before it is actually dead.
Ah... I did wonder about that.. and in truth I hadn't paid any attention to the rumours but recently two printers bought and installed at the same time both hit service required messages within 24 hours of each other..

Worth noting that this doesn't work for all Epsons yet and some printers suffer from unexpected issues because of incompatabilities so it's worth checking for problems on the SSC forums before attempting to use it.
websnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Gently, fit the end of the syringe into the bottom of the cartridge and flush the ink (and any air) back through the cartridge and out into the reservoir.
I'll definitely give this a try, thanks for the tip!

The more I think about it, also possible that the Cyan cart is not venting correctly. I seem to remember a bit of ink blocking one of the vent chambers though it went away after some use.

I'll try backfilling to purge the internals while the fill plug is in place, just to make sure that the vent is working correctly.

I ordered a couple sets of generic replacements just to verify that the cartridge or ink are at fault, and not the printer. I seem to recall this starting when I first started refilling these carts by hand. Possible that I overfilled the Cyan or screwed up O rings during a removal/reinsertion?

If I can get a good light source in there I'll fill them while in the carrier rather than removing, refilling, then reinserting. It is just tough to check level unless I pull the
carts.

MarkAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote