Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 13, 2005, 1:46 PM   #1

Hi,

I have the IP4000 US model, can print

to cd, no problems. only issue is my status ink

monitor always remains at full level. yet the ink has

gone down half way so far. any ideas?

thanks for your help!

*I downloaded the latest printer drivers from canon.

made the firmware change first and then installed the drivers.

Bengali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2005, 1:54 PM   #2

Your printer is working normally. It only shows full and empty. When the tank is empty you get an indication. There is still a lot of ink left in the sponge when the tank is empty though.

I like the system. Canon is the only manufacturer that actually senses that ink is in the tank. Others have chips that estimate the use and can give you interim readings. If you refill a Canon tank it shows full again, where the others don't. Epsons stop printing when they calculate the tank is empty. There is usually some left so they won't take a chance of damaging the nozzles. And you have to reset the chip if you refill or the printer still won't print.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:36 PM   #3

Epson C84 stops printing with 20% of ink left, I think this can apply to other Epson printers, Canon I think was when 10% was left, see link-:

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114590,00.asp

I'm really astounded by how economical the pixma is and how quiet it prints, never tried the silent mode yet, to be honest I don't think it needs it.

I noted just how long the ink tanks last after getting the yellow warning triangle sign, obviously this is when to get supplies if you have non available. After so much problems with Epson I was doubtful about getting the ip5000 because I thought, finer nozzles = more clogs - this is obvious the 'Curse of Epson syndrome''.

How wrong I was...! The Epson wanted a nozzle clean after just 2 days, the replacement wanted a nozzle clean after 4 days, and here's this Canon never ever wanted nor had a nozzle clean in over a month to date....! I used OEM inks with Epson until the replacement started to give problems when I went to Jet-Tec as I was'nt going to send money to the printer's waste pad.

If this printer decided to 'pack up' I would have no hesitation on buying another, and here WAS doubtful davy on buying a Canon ip5000, the ip4000 is similar.

Davy
davy is offline   Reply With Quote