Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 21, 2005, 1:48 AM   #11
Super Moderator

i have the HP 8450.. and honestly i don't have any trouble with my prints being tacky.. sure they are a little wet for about 45 minutes or so.. but after that they are usually ok to handle.. i usually let them cure in a bag for about 24-48 hours.. after that, they are good to sell/frame/give away..

i do not notice a difference in this between the HP paper, ilford galerie, or redriver.. i am not sure whats going on with yours..

i have used this printer and the canon's.. i simply wouldnt give up this HP.. i love the color output and i love the B&W.. my only regret is that it isn't the 8750..

the only printer series i would really want over this one would be Epsons K3 lineup 2400, 4800, etc.. and i don't have that kind of cash..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 5:04 AM   #12

Can you tell me exactly what kind of paper you are useing and all the printer settings you are useing? I really like my 8450 also but this drying time is killing me.

thanks for the reply
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:10 PM   #13
Super Moderator

i used the hp premium plus stuff for a while.. but i didn't like the feel of the paper, it hate the fiber feeling backing..

i then switched to ilford galerie classic pearl for my 8.5x11 prints.. and i use redriver polar satin for my smaller pics..

i use the profile for hp premium plus for both and it works just fine... i prefer the colors of the ilford over the hp even..

print quality- best

ink volume- in the middle of the slider

dry time- in the middle slightly towards less dry time

overspray - less
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:33 PM   #14

Where have you been getting the ilford and redriver paper? I will order some this weekend and try it out.
arowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:01 PM   #15
Super Moderator

ilford can be purchased at most camera stores and should be very easy to find online.. just check out any of the photo stores.. the galerie classic pearl is my favorite finish..

redriver can be found at www.redriverpaper.comand is quite a good value..

good luck.. i hope this helps out because i am really happy with my 8450 and hope that you will have the same satisfaction in it that i have.