Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:51 AM   #1

Default Printer needed for dental office

Hi Steve, nice site. I am looking at digtal printers for my wifes dental office as I have installed a system that connects the intra-oral camera (via a video capture card) and an Olympus digital camera for full face/full mouth shots. Right now we are using an Alps MD5000 printer which produces wonderful output but is no longer available in the US and it is getting harder to find consumables for it (plus, we are starting to have problems with it jamming and leaving lines on the prints). Anyway, what need is a reliable, very good quality, easy to use/maintain printer (doesn't everybody). I was looking at the HP PSC 2210 as this will also let us use it at the front desk, but your reviews have thrown me into confusion as I now have to much choice :roll:
As it your own fault for being so good at reviewng all of these, I thought I would put the problem on your shoulders.
Sorry for the lengthy topic.
dclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2003, 5:42 PM   #2

I know I'm not steve but

Dear dc. For a dental office you need something that does dark areas of black and blue and green really well. Your best bet would not be the HP since you would probably spend twice as much on inks as you do now. I would probably get something along the lines of an epson 960.

Since it prints fast and holds individual tanks for the colors you are going to be using not to mention it will print the details that you need to see when printing a dental sheet. It also uses a photo optimised black to print true black with. I have many dental office customers who currently only use epson printers to do thier xrays since the critical details are just better.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2003, 8:16 PM   #3

Thanks Greg, I just checked it out (after reading your response) and it looks pretty good for what we need :lol:
dclifford is offline   Reply With Quote