Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:16 PM   #11

Thought it was #6 not #5 :?:?:?
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:21 PM   #12

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Thought it was #6 not #5 :??:?

Let me double check mine...

It is indeed #5 type... the images "I made" incorrectly show #6... hince my error when I rewrote the drill.

I'll have to make a correction... sorry about that... the error is compounded.

Attached Images

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:57 AM   #13

Yeah, from your description there seems to be one other difference - on my MP750 there is a left and right arrow button. The Menu button is above, and the OK button is below. It sounds like your MP760 keypad has up/down arrows instead, must be a slightly different arrangement.
highlandsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:40 AM   #14

highlandsun wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, from your description there seems to be one other difference - on my MP750 there is a left and right arrow button. The Menu button is above, and the OK button is below. It sounds like your MP760 keypad has up/down arrows instead, must be a slightly different arrangement.
Keep in mind the mp760 was designed to be more geared tward photos than documents. has the color tilt screen, no numeric keypad just for starters. No auto doc feeder either.

So we'll have to keep in mind that the mp750 users have no up or down arrows.

So either we need someone with the mp750/mp780 to document their keystrokes, or someone like me has to visit office depot and play with their printers.

Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:06 AM   #15

Well, just for reference, here's the MP750 console

http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/IMG_0427.JPG

so you can see the keypad and the menu navigation keys.

The sequence to enter Service Mode is the same. The #5 Type menu is still the correct menu to change, you just have to hit OK once to get past the CYGNUS-X selector to reach the Region selector.

Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:18 PM   #16

highlandsun wrote:
Quote:
Well, just for reference, here's the MP750 console

http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/IMG_0427.JPG

so you can see the keypad and the menu navigation keys.

The sequence to enter Service Mode is the same. The #5 Type menu is still the correct menu to change, you just have to hit OK once to get past the CYGNUS-X selector to reach the Region selector.
Thanks for the heads up... I should be able to use that to create a basic sketch. I should probally scetch mine out as well.

Looks like you printed off that image in internet explorer.. you might want to use something different that doesn't scale and get reprocessed through the... i'm assuming the canon web print utility. I have no idea the effect as it doesn't support mozilla firefox.

CYGNUS-1 = mp750 I.e. you don't have a fax modem plugged in
CYGNUS-2 = mp780 I.e. you do have a fax modem plugged in

From what i've read flipping thorugh the service manual one could in theory attach a fax modem to get fax support, but the canon software is rather limited in terms of fax fuctionality... and any software that "could" use the canon to fax could use your existing modem to fax. But this is a project i'm personaly not all that interested in. If I need fax I can use the fax modem and use the scanner to scan to PDF and print from acrobat.

I wonder if menu sort of doubles as a arrow down. The service menu to me on my mp760 feels as if it was geared tward a very different keyboard layout, esp when changing the numbers.

Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:34 PM   #17

Actually I printed that from Mozilla. Didn't use Canon web print, I have no idea why you would need a special print tool just for the web browser. I didn't install that part of the software.

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Looks like you printed off that image in internet explorer.. you might want to use something different that doesn't scale and get reprocessed through the... i'm assuming the canon web print utility. I have no idea the effect as it doesn't support mozilla firefox.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 4:14 PM   #18

highlandsun wrote:
Quote:
Actually I printed that from Mozilla. Didn't use Canon web print, I have no idea why you would need a special print tool just for the web browser. I didn't install that part of the software.
Because internet explorer is screwy and prints things out of proportion, cuts off words and such. Actually mozilla does to some degree. In this case you'll note mozilla scalled the image down to print... so I assume it's printing the page at 72dpi where the image would be either (IIRC) 300dpi at 8 inches wide. I don't honestly know as I tend to print these images directly from photoshop.

I don't use ie so I don't honestly know what benifit webprint offers, only in my experence the canon utils such as ez photo print which screws with the color even with exif data.

Righto... here is a mosaic based on highlandsun's image. Note it's not to scale.
Attached Images

Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:00 PM   #19

Right-o... here is the mosaic for the mp760. Note it's not to scale.
Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2005, 2:17 AM   #20

While not directly related to the mp7xx... I thought i'd do up a mosac of pixma printer. Most of the images offered are nice, cool, and clear, they are largish jpgs.

As with the mp series I did by best to cut the imagry down to the bare minium, few colors, and stark lines.

These are... as always, not to scale.
Attached Images